March 25, 2008

Moving Right Along






Christmas cards; How we see ourselves. I find that fascinating. Top Pretty good with youngest daughter, 1981; Bottom Left: Card 1, Alienation in 1980. Bottom Right: Not a happy bunch in 1983.




Duck: He didn’t get any of our carefully left messages and was very upset we weren’t there yesterday. He doesn’t like his new roommate.

Me: A great day until lunch when one of my front crowns snapped off….literally. The dentist hasn’t called yet. G says when his receptionist/wife isn’t in, nothing happens.

Notes: I so appreciate them. Remember, I’m “shortly” of time now. I’ll be reading you, but I may not have time to note back.

G: Had a great day until he got home and had to deal with me.

Work: Padre’s 2008 Schedule. My company says it will call this week with schedules. Did I say I hated this last minute stuff every year.
We have visited or called, Salvation Army, Big Lots, Cancer Center Thrift Store, El Cajon Furniture, Bilingual Furniture, Sleazy Furniture, Bed Bath and Beyond, Sears, Ikea, Craig’s List, and FreeCycle…which wants you to give before you receive.

Baby, I’m cranky and giving.

Craig’s List looks like the best bet. We left a message on one entry. We paid the new tires off today, metaphorically speaking, so are ready to tackle a used trundle bed with cash, credit, or sense of humor in hand. A new bed will offer a far bigger credit crunch….after the dentist……which of course will severely dent the budget yet again.

2 comments:

  1. I love the drawings, too. Wish I could do that, but I can't. And I love your blog posts and the colorful photos, too.

    And isn't it funny how so many us have "crowns" these days? But I guess it's better than "false" teeth as in days of yore, right?

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life