December 28, 2008

A Time Consuming Survey


Sometimes all that’s important in life is a comfortable pair of old shoes. Pen and ink doodle, 1979.


Himself: He had fun playing new computer games. Leapt out of bed this morning….the fink.

Herself: Ate too much dinner. To cold to get out of bed this morning.

The Holiday: Enough.

Balance: Quiet times all by myself with a couple of books in hand. Quiet times with G.
There's no excuse for me. I like to do surveys. I like to bare myself to me as I always learn something new. Here is a survey from Equanimous via BeakerUK. I shan't bore you with the whole thing, but if you wish to read all the answers go to Day Tripper on OD:

  • 4. Did anyone close to you die?
    Yes, Duck in April. I am so grateful he was in our lives. I think of him often with gratitude.

  • 8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
    Retiring….which turned out to be the best thing that ever happened me and led to all my other blessings.

  • 10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
    You know how it is…..I kept wearing out in bits and pieces. Nothing major…..here a hip, there a finger, and finally another finger. In the end, the other wrist won too.

  • 11. What was the best thing you bought?
    Retirement. I bought that with five years standing at baseball games. G thinks it’s the stove….but the stove isn’t done yet. It still has a black top that’s supposed to be blue.

  • 12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
    My eldest daughters fourth year into sobriety and second semester of college when she seemed to blossom at last.

  • 17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
    i. Happier or sadder? Vastly happier.
    ii. Thinner or fatter? Vastly fatter tho still wearing the same sized clothes.
    iii. Richer or poorer? Vastly poorer thanks to the market collapse.

  • 18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
    Bought Ford. Watercolored with a bigger brush. Had more sex. Leg lifts even if the doc said not to.

  • 26. What was the best book you read?
    Nothing has been a real keeper this year. I miss several of my fictional heros such as Miles VorKosegian when his author moved on to less entrancing subjects.

  • 36. What political issue stirred you the most?
    Oh My Gawd…….please. I am so grateful the Shrub is out of office and dreams are back in. Now we can only hope.

  • 39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
    Trust anyway. No matter what happens, trust. Hope is not a four letter word. Love is all important.

  • 40. If you could sum up 2008 in three words, what would they be?
    Really good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

postcards

Celebration of Life