Herself: Ate too much dinner. To cold to get out of bed this morning.
The Holiday: Enough.
Balance: Quiet times all by myself with a couple of books in hand. Quiet times with G.
- 4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, Duck in April. I am so grateful he was in our lives. I think of him often with gratitude.
- 8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Retiring….which turned out to be the best thing that ever happened me and led to all my other blessings.
- 10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
You know how it is…..I kept wearing out in bits and pieces. Nothing major…..here a hip, there a finger, and finally another finger. In the end, the other wrist won too.
- 11. What was the best thing you bought?
Retirement. I bought that with five years standing at baseball games. G thinks it’s the stove….but the stove isn’t done yet. It still has a black top that’s supposed to be blue.
- 12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My eldest daughters fourth year into sobriety and second semester of college when she seemed to blossom at last.
- 17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder? Vastly happier.
ii. Thinner or fatter? Vastly fatter tho still wearing the same sized clothes.
iii. Richer or poorer? Vastly poorer thanks to the market collapse.
- 18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Bought Ford. Watercolored with a bigger brush. Had more sex. Leg lifts even if the doc said not to.
- 26. What was the best book you read?
Nothing has been a real keeper this year. I miss several of my fictional heros such as Miles VorKosegian when his author moved on to less entrancing subjects.
- 36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Oh My Gawd…….please. I am so grateful the Shrub is out of office and dreams are back in. Now we can only hope.
- 39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Trust anyway. No matter what happens, trust. Hope is not a four letter word. Love is all important.
- 40. If you could sum up 2008 in three words, what would they be?
Really good year!