Herself: Got phone jump started. One year for ten bucks. Felt well until a lunch Diet Coke....maybe that's the culprit.
Reading: Finished a mystery that left me depressed.
Balance: Ready to start the book on Alaska. Looking forward to making more than a photo album.
- Very Big: A friend has cancer surgery today. Prayers are wonderful things. Thank you.
- Oh, Big indeed......it's Milly's birthday today. She's 84 years old today and still blogging. Today we celebrate this vital and enthusiastic Elder Blogger's special day. Happy Birthday Milly.
- Gigante: Too many friends have cancer. Tee is home after a week in a nursing home that she likens a stay in hell. She still can’t eat, but is glad to be home. AK has finished radiation and chemo for her lung cancer but still has a feeding tube. I send prayers out for these plus other friends right now.
- Big for the Moment: Electronically the world was sideways yesterday. I met a friend at a noon meeting, and afterwards her ride wasn’t there. Her cell didn’t work. My cell didn’t work, and another woman’s cell didn’t work. I started off to take her home, and we got about four blocks when she thought she saw her son. We did a U turn, no son, and she used the office phone to discover he was alive and well at home spacing out mom. I took her home. At least the car ran.
- Sometimes Big: G and I went to Fashion Valley and re-upped my phone, stopped by Macy’s where they couldn’t find my card…..which has a 2003 late charge on it that’s bringing down my Equifax rating……hello? Is this important? Small stuff indeed. I just want rid of it all but my debit and one CC.
- Just Right: Today Julia and Julia. I would have liked to read the book in blog form as I thought the book itself a bore. Maybe my brain burped. Now everyone says the movie is a huge hit, so we will go give it a try at the early matinee. Nothing about Julia Child was small from her voice to her imagination. She was an inspiration to many of us early 1960’s cooks who knew only the Midwest menus of our mothers. She led us to far bigger dreams that today I just make lighter…..she would hate the loss of the butter.