- Let loose from prison, that’s how I feel. The cardiologist assigned by the hospital isn’t a good communicator and scheduled duplicate tests along with the hospital assigned GP. Yesterday he rescheduled his last appointment with me until December. I feel free at last. Why don’t I like that guy?
- Dinner out tonight with a friend. I kept telling G that we should have attended a few recent meetings at the club house if we are going to take part in their Thanksgiving potluck. I got to wondering this morning what she is doing for this food holiday. Maybe she would like to come with us to the club house?
- Coffee and a roll…a chocolate infused brioche….over poems and sharing yesterday. I picked JJ up at her Point Loma house, and she said that ever since her landlord parked one of his boats in her driveway the neighbors have been much nicer. She lives in a Portuguese fishing neighborhood. “The neighbors probably wonder why we don’t share fish,” JJ said smiling. That’s right. Our neighbor three doors down is a captain and always is bringing fish over. JJ needs to get off her computer and go fishing. That’s all there is to it.
- Tomorrow is the day. I need to drive more before then. Lenora is going with me tomorrow, so if I fail I’ll have an ear. Still, I need to get my rear out on the road this afternoon. Perhaps even this morning. I need to make more left hand turns from a stop sign into heavy traffic. I shan’t tell the inspector that I flat out can’t see through large parked vee-hickles into oncoming traffic. Yesterday I was trying to figure out how long I had been driving. Fifty four years the Geezer told me after using his calculator. I couldda used a calculator too.
- Books today at the Cancer Society Discovery Shop. They only looked appalling on Sunday when we were in. Imagine how bad they look now. There’s no ongoing booksale, and I don’t feel any self pressure to take my body in and shelve more books on a daily basis. I do that if there is a sale so the back room shelves can be emptied out for the next donation. Today I’m bringing in a donation. CD’s. Progress.
- Small bits of life: G didn’t hear from anyone saying he passed probation….just got another bonus. That will do. I kept on organizing my ten thousand scattered projects rather than quilt. After dinner we went to staples where new pages were bought for next year’s Day Planner….yes, paper. Pages were bought to make a small album for that last road trip. Black ink was bought for the printer. The dishes were done. I spilled a whole 16 ounce glass of water over the jigsaw puzzle we have been doing and onto the floor. Today will be a great day if I can get a bit bigger variety of driving in….then I will be ok tomorrow.
- Life is nothing but a progression of tomorrows. I’m sure they will be better ones if you don’t spill water all over them.
November 17, 2010
A Few Small Moments
Mia and the Captain. It hasn’t been a good year for the Captain and her sister, Mia. Mia is home now recovering from a double b...