January 26, 2012

Day Glo Birthday




The newest quilt that came into the shop was this queen sized quilt made from the Day Glo fabrics of the 1960’s.


  • We are having a most amazing sale at the store. Day Glo. This quilt says it all for me. I had a dress made from one of these fabrics….or near enough. I made it myself. I have to confess that yesterday I was shocked by how bright these fabrics were. This one is tied, and it’s very heavy. I don’t know what’s inside it.


  • It’s the Geezer’s birthday today. I’ve sung the first song of the day, Lessa and Zoe have called, and I will keep up the harassment all throughout the day. He’s reading about computers and has pretty well made up his mind. He needs a gaming computer…that’s the bottom line. It’s going to be interesting to see what he finds.


  • Me? The signs I put up at the store said hardbounds were two bucks…unless they were specially priced. The signs came down yesterday as the ladies at the register weren’t reading the tags. They let a fifteen dollar book out the door for two bucks. Ah well. Books have begun selling again, and the prices will still stay at two bucks for the hardbounds. My goal today will be to finish the article on Nazi music and Go out to a lower priced BBQ dinner with Himself. We gotta celebrate.

9 comments:

  1. I don't know why so many quilt makers don't realize the weight of the material in the middle can make a quilt unuseable. Might be pretty hanging on a wall....maybe. Dianne

    PS even when I don't write a post I will be around to read what others are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you mention it, I also had a Day-Glo dress, back in the 1960's. It wasn't bright enough; I cinched it at the waist with a gold belt. (Metal, not colored leather.) I couldn't wear it to work, but I experimented on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been a fan of dayglo but I kinda like that quilt.

    Happy Birthday, Geezer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm another one in love with that quilt. If I lived nearby, I'd buy it just to put on our bed when we have company. Heck, if it weren't so heavy, I'd ask you if you shipped to CT...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Geezer...hope your birthday dinner was lighter than the heavy quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had a lime green dress in the late 60's, loved it. Painted my hall hot pink, ha, ha. Whoever made that quilt must had sunglasses on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Dianne. I was thinking that would look great on a wall too. It really looks like a piece of modern art. It's fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun for both of you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ALOHA FROM HAWAII! How was dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I am very late coming to the party, but if there's any way that quilt is still available, I would be interested. Happy way-belated!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life