February 24, 2012

Not Leaping





We overdid yesterday morning. We are going to have to ease back into going to the gym. None of this jumping in with both feet, instead we will insert one toe at a time. Perhaps we are not 15 years old anymore.

After a slightly shortened version of my usual morning workout yesterday, I came home and nodded off at my computer. I kept nodding off until lunchtime. That’s wasn’t ok at all. When G came home from work, he too admitted that he’d done too much at the gym. So today, we will both go to work, and we will both go to the opening of the Woodie show at the San Diego Automotive Museum tonight. Just two things not four things. We will skip the gym and the AA meeting.

Tomorrow morning, though I plan on going to Amvets for a replacement white scoop necked T-shirt, I’ll hit the gym first. We will both do a truncated version of our workouts, then go have a half hour of shop-till-we-drop. Just two things for me. If I end up dozing off at my computer, no one will be the wiser as the Geezer is docenting in the afternoon.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're being very wise!! And I just love that photo -- I really would love some time with white sand and blue water!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so frustrating that as we age we have to force ourselves to slow down. It seems our brain wants us to keep humming along and our body tells it to go jump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little time out can be good. Hope yours is refreshing, our bodies just quit on us these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Secret naps are the best! I cannot wait to see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos....the water is glorious. Glad you two will be taking it a bit easier and enjoying a meal with Poolie too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief. I had a comment written and then lost it. I am tired. Class last night and Friday is lost.

    Can identify with limiting your activities. Don't want to fall asleep while driving. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for doing all your exercising carefully. I went to zumba and then came home and promptly fell asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just listen to your body, it knows best! You really ought to check out the new JC Penney stores for great prices for simple needs. The new CEO has great ideas for reviving the old shopping standby. I was pleasantly surprised at the bargains I saw there yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life