March 25, 2012

A Magical Visit






Zoe with her mom and Grandpa. Wonderful stuff.


Perhaps it’s what I do with my damaged memory. I take pictures. If I just go and enjoy, I don't retain any memory of what happened. Most of my childhood is gone. Perhaps I forget because of the verbal abuse, but mainly because I have few images of occasions to remember.

Yesterday, I did my usual Gramma with camera routine.



She didn’t want her picture taken or she was just showing off.



Then again, this one isn’t bad…..grandpa, Zoe, and her best friend.



Best of all, I was able to get a shot of Lessa’s tiny cottage at its magical best. They were very good donuts, and it was a very good birthday visit with lots of hugs all around.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful!! And my favorite photo??? The one of you, your daughter, and grand daughter! Absolutely priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one is my favorite too. And Zoe will have images of good times forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, I think I take pictures for the memories too. I don't have much recall of my early life for probably some of the same reasons you don't. Sometimes I think it is self-preservation. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last photo is very romantic and cozy looking. Shows that someone really cares about where they live. Love the photo of you three! I have forgotten so much in my life and since both of my parents are gone and I am the oldest...photos are the only key.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the 3 generation photo and the cottage looked like a fairy tale. Beautiful photos....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the 3 generation photo and the cottage looked like a fairy tale. Beautiful photos....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos, nice cottage. Cozy is absolutely right, a place to proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos!! That's always the best way to remember special moments regardless of one memory ♥ Zoe is a gorgeous young lady! How fun for you and G. And the cottage is enchanting. I love it! May I 'steal' the cottage picture to put on my Pinterest page in my Enchanting Places category? I'll understand if you don't want me to and I certainly won't without your permission! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like one of the best days! You go, Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the way you weave the complexity of your past with the present. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Photographs are so precious. Every now and then I drag out an old album or photos that never made it and it is incredible how it jerks the memory into gear. The kids find themn fascinating too.
    Those of yours are lovely ones to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such gorgeous photos, Mage. I love the photo of you and your daughter and granddaughter, of course. But that last photo is really amazing! You made it look like a card.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life