August 29, 2012

Odds and Ends (edit)



Above: a Nuclear Sub entering the harbor against a background of squalls.  Below: Grumpy and Myrtle together.

  • Grumpy: The bad news is that it’s going to be another thousand dollars.  It’s the clutch plate that’s gone.  You can hear me grinding my teeth from here.  Grrr…  The good news is that the money is in savings.  I just wish he would run for a year without major breakdowns.
  • Parking:  Had a lovely lunch with Dee yesterday.  We ate and talked by the bay then wandered our way to the top of the point to talk more.  It appears that if you have a handicapped placard, you can drive right up to the lighthouse and park in one of three new handicapped spaces.  No more long walk up the hill to the light house.  I can’t tell you how excited I was.  Got some good pictures of the lighthouse and of a nuculear sub coming in.
  • Weather:  Miserable again.  Some folks say there’s no climate change, but we here in the Southwest corner of the US can tell you of the changes.  It feels just like Alabama here.  Sticky and hot.  I speak from remembered experience as I did my basic training in Alabama with the humidity and no-see-ums coming as a not forgotten experience.
  • WW:  Starting WW again next week.  This week is filled with preplanned things…as is next week, but this week I’m going to have a Hodad’s hamburger….”Diner’s Drive-in’s and Dives” from the Cooking Chanel says it’s the best in the US.  I agree.  But I gotta get the weight off.
  • This week and next:  Today:  Baseball tickets thanks to G’s boss.  Hodad's hamburger at the game.  Tomorrow:  Major “Jewlery Sale” time at the thrift store.  Friday: BBQ at the bay with like minded friends.  Saturday:  Help with the store inventory.  Sunday:  Dinner and a meeting with Dr. Jim. Next week….Monday nothing….imagine that.  Tuesday a 0920 Mamogram and a 1215 appointment with my pulmonary surgeon.  Wednesday work.  Thursday:  My general physical with my GP.  Did I ever tell you that I hate weeks like this.  But I do them…..

5 comments:

  1. If you find yourself obsessing over weight and diet, cut the portions. By all means, have a burger. But cut it in half and save the other piece for lunch tomorrow.

    It worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all the exams and WW. You will be happy to get it all done, I know. This week has been the first week we have had free time....it's nice to remember days with no plans to be followed... But of course, there are still some obligations to be handled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not like such busy weeks. I have grown so lazy and love idle time. With granddaughter this week I am happy but exhausted. I plan every minute as she doesn't spend too much time alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course climate change is for real. Its happened before and its happening again. We are just as surprised as our distant ancestors were, but hopefully, we will cope better than they did. Today, I am grateful for the rain over the Midwest. I worry about the crops too.

    And lest you think I am not aware of the humans, my sister, brother and their families live in LA and are about as concerned as you Californians get with earthquakes. My son laughs when we get all panicky cause the San Andreas fault shifted yet again. It always seems worse than it is unless you live there.
    Dianne

    PS. I have a handicapped placard. I love it...not being handicapped, but being accommodated.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life