- Grumpy: The bad news is that it’s going to be another thousand dollars. It’s the clutch plate that’s gone. You can hear me grinding my teeth from here. Grrr… The good news is that the money is in savings. I just wish he would run for a year without major breakdowns.
- Parking: Had a lovely lunch with Dee yesterday. We ate and talked by the bay then wandered our way to the top of the point to talk more. It appears that if you have a handicapped placard, you can drive right up to the lighthouse and park in one of three new handicapped spaces. No more long walk up the hill to the light house. I can’t tell you how excited I was. Got some good pictures of the lighthouse and of a nuculear sub coming in.
- Weather: Miserable again. Some folks say there’s no climate change, but we here in the Southwest corner of the US can tell you of the changes. It feels just like Alabama here. Sticky and hot. I speak from remembered experience as I did my basic training in Alabama with the humidity and no-see-ums coming as a not forgotten experience.
- WW: Starting WW again next week. This week is filled with preplanned things…as is next week, but this week I’m going to have a Hodad’s hamburger….”Diner’s Drive-in’s and Dives” from the Cooking Chanel says it’s the best in the US. I agree. But I gotta get the weight off.
- This week and next: Today: Baseball tickets thanks to G’s boss. Hodad's hamburger at the game. Tomorrow: Major “Jewlery Sale” time at the thrift store. Friday: BBQ at the bay with like minded friends. Saturday: Help with the store inventory. Sunday: Dinner and a meeting with Dr. Jim. Next week….Monday nothing….imagine that. Tuesday a 0920 Mamogram and a 1215 appointment with my pulmonary surgeon. Wednesday work. Thursday: My general physical with my GP. Did I ever tell you that I hate weeks like this. But I do them…..
August 29, 2012
Odds and Ends (edit)
19 boxes of Nautical books. · What’s really happening: · Remember those 19 boxes of nau...
The sun is out. The leaves on the trees are almost all green now. George’s bird feeder has given one local flock of starlings a ...
The House Quilt….made up of American Historic homes plus the traditional log cabin quilt block. The first full sized quilt I made. ...
Taken from the top of the Point Loma lighthouse. We live over to the right on the top of the Point. It’s quiet and peaceful he...