November 14, 2012

14: Over-tired Art



Flags Against the Sky.

I brought up several pieces of art yesterday we hadn’t displayed in years.  One small piece of mine, which looked really good next to a big one, turned out to have a high acid matt that turned ocher.  Another print that I really cherished had turned brown.  More high acid paper this time on an officially approved big name piece.

You can hear me growling.

We have more art than we can see at one time, and often it get’s damaged in storage or in transit.  I’m not a rich and popular painter, tho I was for a while, and when I was younger I used any frame and glass I could get.  Yesterday I noted another piece that needs to get new glass because of poor initial fit.  The glass must have been bigger than the frame.  The frame is a good one, but it too needs surgery. 

My assistant framer may be feeling better, but right now he’s only good for going to sleep after work.  I’ll put that big piece back into storage, and hope we can get it fixed next year.  Right now it is more important to cut the stress for my assistant.


  • Keeping those on the east coast in my thoughts and donating where it will count.
  • Himself:  Said first things this morning,  “I think I’m better.”
  • Herself:  Water aerobics, mostly finished the living room, and took one painting to the framers as the matt had turned ochre.
  • Reading:  Finished the Tad Williams.  Trying to stop reading for a while as my vision is all about over-tired eyes.  Thinking about going through the moldy Sci Fi and getting rid of them.  The big house shared it’s mold with everything we owned.
  • Balance:  Reading and both NCIS’s.
  • 8 comments:

    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Glad you are both on the mend and things are getting better. It must be lovely to have so much beloved art to choose from.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I think your anonymous comment above might be spam.

      Mold in its various forms = the bane of civilization. Dianne

      ReplyDelete
    4. Have you posted your art here? I may have missed it. I would love to see your paintings.....I love the change over from blue to red.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I envy you your personal art gallery and storage. How amazing it must be to have the talent to redecorate like that. I look forward to seeing the change from that lovely and peaceful blue room you had to the new warmer room.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Give your eyes a rest by getting some books on audio at the library. Or on disc, sometimes. That way you can dust or sew or knit away and "read" that book all at the same time.

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life