- Diet: The Atkins diet. That’s G. With choice of proteins, why was I surprised when he picked steak. Today will be his second full day on just proteins. He rediscovered cream cheese. While he was buying the meats and cheeses, I grabbed the new Hillerman. More reportage than magic, still it’s hard to put it down.
- Little whirlwind bits of life flutter around. Neither G nor I have felt really good since that one day a week ago. He’s coming out the other side now while I seem to be in a holding space. Continually not calm tummy’s rule the day in a not so good way.
- After all that hype yesterday, I ended up letting ennui win while I waited for a visit from Margot. I let guilt win until I got a little bit of walking in at Costco. Not enough walking tho.
- Bought a Mario Bataglia cook book today. Am having a potatoe salad with capers for dinner, tomorrow asparagus with a tossed green salad, and sunday a cucumber and zuchini salad. I'm wowed. I know....portion control indeed.
- He works at home today. I’ve gotten spoiled having him around again, but I think he loves the total silence when I’m not here. Me? Off to work early as there’s an Fall Preview event at the store. Nothing much for big folks, but the colors are wonderful. I’ll photograph it for Facebook.
Life is Really in the Footnotes: