January 8, 2014

Doodles


                                                                                                                 
Beach Girl, 1980.

I packed a lunch and took it with me to the laundromat yesterday.  The sun was out, and I sat with lunch and the Meacham book on Franklin and Winston while the big bed quilt went around and around.  The air was filled with the sound of cell phone users.  Today it wasn’t a tool of communication, instead it was a way to let off steam.  I wasn’t interested.

Home to lunch and more Franklin and Winston.  Then, unwilling to be cocooned in my deep chair, I pulled out a fresh piece of paper and a half dried up pen.  My twenty-first century doodle doesn’t have the fresh charm that the girl on the beach does, nor does it have the compositional quality of the coffee cup on the window sill.  But I doodled, and that was all that mattered.


  • Keeping those on the east coast in my thoughts.
  • Himself:  Afraid he might be called to work in the office.  His other half is already there.  That’s an hour commute.
  • Herself:  I cleaned out another shelf of my own moldy books yesterday. Today is book day at the thrift store.
  • Reading:  Franklin and Winston.
  • Balance:  Those books just waiting for me.
  • 10 comments:

    1. Sketching...since I cannot paint, I have sketched in the past...but what it really amounts to is copying...not art.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I am caught up in Ann Cleeve's White Nights. No doodles here,just crochet for my artistic release. Lunch at the launder-mat. at sounds grand. I walked by ours on the way to the Vets office with dogs.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I am caught up in Ann Cleeve's White Nights. No doodles here,just crochet for my artistic release. Lunch at the launder-mat. at sounds grand. I walked by ours on the way to the Vets office with dogs.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love the doodles.....just a few lines that express so much....

      ReplyDelete
    5. Consider it a blessing to have that talent. I have no ability to draw, sketch, or paint.

      I read all day yesterday -- some 'fluff', but I enjoyed it. Began STELLA BAIN today. Interesting.

      ReplyDelete
    6. SchmidleysscribblinsJanuary 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM

      Will try tai chi, probably next fall.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Makes me wonder how many of those cell phone users think nothing of taking their conversations into the bathroom with them. Uggggh!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Mage, your talent always awes me. I can see your gift in every stroke, every line of your drawings.

      ReplyDelete
    9. oh! I almost feel like I'm there! Love this little visual poem...graphite haiku! xoxo c!

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life