March 27, 2014

Organizing Ourselves


    

2009: Waiting for the shuttle.  Now why didn’t he put his mountainous pile next to mine?  It would have been funnier.

2009: Me with my chin in the air....laughing.

The piles on the bed grew big this afternoon. 

“Why am I taking all black hats into 90 degree weather?  I asked myself.

I’d been to Tar-jay yesterday and found a small black purse.  A quiet sort of thing…no bling.  While I was there, I found plain white visors.  I didn’t buy it but was reminded today.  I could do that, I thought today and ran right over to get one. 

He’s thinking the same way I am.  Do the best you can with what you’ve got.  His blue coat will do wonderfully…you just can’t shut it.  You couldn’t shut my brown velvet coat in 2009 either.  This year, I’ve had to take clothes in.  Sometimes I don’t know what I am doing with what.  Sometimes he get’s bossy.  Sometimes I laugh at him.  Sometimes I’m dictatorial.  We travel despite ourselves.

St. Augustine wrote, "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."  We like to read many pages


  • Himself:  He knows what he’s taking.  Mr. Electronics.  He found a brick and mortar travel store over in PB.  We will stop by after dinner.  He’s really been working hard too.  There’s no one to replace him while he is gone these 15 days.
  • Herself:  Found three lightweight books, my Nook, those decisions made.  Still working to master the new coding.
  • Reading: 
  • Balance: 


  • 11 comments:

    1. Well, as I have said before, you best accessory is that happy smile!

      ReplyDelete
    2. You sound happy. Yup, white visor and hats are best in 90 degree temperatures.

      ReplyDelete
    3. You are going to have such fun!

      I also take a light coloured unbrella with me to use for shade while walking down the street.

      Hope you kept some of your _other_ clothes for when you get back. Doe sthis ship have the lovely wraparound decks that are so good for walking like HAL do?

      Take care
      Cathy

      ReplyDelete
    4. Enjoy the many new pages in your travel book!

      ReplyDelete
    5. If you have the dosh you travel. These days, I am dealing with teeth and house repairs. Richard is coming to the East Coast next week. So I will see him soon.

      ReplyDelete
    6. If you have the dosh you travel. These days, I am dealing with teeth and house repairs. Richard is coming to the East Coast next week. So I will see him soon.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Have a wonderful trip. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Can wait to see pictures.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Never fear, I still have plans to get west next October and hope to see you then. Got to see my grandsons. Richard is coming east without his family. he has to retrieve possessions from his stepmother and he's attending a class here in DC. He will work me in, ha ha.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I shall try to follow your lead and look an unfussy seasoned traveller. Just bought a back pack:)

      ReplyDelete
    11. Have you heard that infectious song named "Happy" by Pharrell Williams.

      I hope you were able to combine that smile with a dance. "Happy" is the perfect music for it. :)

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life