June 9, 2015

50 Years


On the Midway.

There’s a hurricane passing by, and the trees outside my windows are waving.  It’s not really raining though the world is a bit damp out there.  I’ve kissed George good bye….he’s off North to work again today, done the pool where I actually panted a bit during the boot camp routines, and stretched hands, hips, legs, and shoulders in the hot tub. 

Now I’m home for a half hour or so to post this, do the dishes et al, and make it to the store.  They are beginning to set up for the BIG 50th Anniversary Celebration on Friday…The American Cancer Society Discovery Shops have been open for 50 years.  So we are decorating.  Gold stuff everywhere, Cancer survivors to hug, Chanel 10 to give the Discovery Shops a bit of a boost too.  Saturday and Sunday everything in the store is 50% off.  As far as I can see, The Discovery Shops contribution to cancer research is worth every bit of the effort.

In Woodworking: Fishing Tackle box.



12 comments:

  1. I love that fishing tackle box, but darned if I would put worms in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colourful and lovely shots.

    (I got to you first this time.. to let you know that I'm thinking of you, too.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to peruse that shop and see what treasure is someone's junk. Just think of all the good it does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very nifty odd tackle box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a Discovery Store bar our house. I've gone in a few times but not been overly impressed. It's very small, nothing like the Salvation Army story just a few miles east. No children's items. Lots of small sized women's wear. By small I mean size 2 clothing; size 5 shoes. That sort of thing. Don't know if they will be celebrating the 50th anniversary. I was by there earlier today but didn't see any signage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby would absolutely love the fishing tackle box...I'm not going to tell him about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Appreciate your love of the big cruise and the beauty of such a new ship. But neglected in this little post from your official is the atmosphere when it is full of passengers all trying to get to the spa, the pool, off the pier into the best restaurants. The very fact that it dwarfs the lovely city is one reason I think we have gone too far with these giant cruise ships. I also am not a sailor...and do not love seeing the ocean horizon on all sides. We are doing a Holland cruise next spring to Alaska, so I am not totally honest in my rejection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could be a professional photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially love that first photo. I can feel the exhilaration of swinging around through the air. These are fabulous photos, Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should al be very proud of yourselves. Not just for all the work you do but also spreading the word so entertainingly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been missing your images, words and wisdom. It is comforting to know that you continue fully engaged in appreciating and contributing to the vibrant environment around you..

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life