November 25, 2016

A Quiet Thanksgiving




Near the Boathouse on Harbor Island.

Thank you for being my friends dear readers.  I’m thankful we have you in our lives; you make us better people.

We puttered our day away yesterday.  Christmas boxes came down, and I spent an hour or so getting rid of one box of decorations.  We now have three boxes of red, three of blue, and one of stripys….most balls in their cardboard boxes.  There are also two boxes of boxes and one of bags.  Near the deck are three boxes of outdoor lights.  Entirely too much stuff, if you ask me.

The tree is up, but not decorated.  A book was read.  Showers were taken.  Phone calls answered.  We drove to the bay for dinner.  Yes, I ate all my pie and too much whipped cream while G ate half of my dinner.  At the end of the day, we tucked ourselves into bed and watched the latest Star Trek movie…we loved it.

A lovely quiet Thanksgiving day filled with gratitudes.  Today for me, it’s to work in the madness of Black Friday.  G wants to shop.





  • Himself:  Saw “Fantastic Beasts” and enjoyed every bit of it. 
  • Herself:  Remembered past Thanksgivings with his family and mine.
  • 52 Week House Reorganization:  Got rid of one box of Christmas ornaments.
  • Reading:  An architecture book.

  • Gratitudes:  That George and I are here and alive and are smiling at you.
  • 13 comments:

    1. Happy thanksgiving! Our solution to Black Friday is we are going to the races at Del Mar today. :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Blessings to you both. I'm as glad as you are that you're here and in one another's lives. We've been ill for going on two weeks and it's far too long. I don't think winters agree with us at all. I've had to give up my daily journal writing for the interim. Hoping to get back to it after things settle down and we're both well once more. Love to you both!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Don't postpone your posts. You will regret it later. Nothing will ever be perfect here, and I post short entries anyway. Lots of hugs from here.

        Delete
    3. It sounds like a great day, Mage. Great job with the decorations. I have to cull ours this year as well.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Smiling back at you. We were alone on TG and went to an Irish Pub restaurant with lots of atmosphere and at among other couples and also big parties of 20. It was different and not bad at all, plus free Irish eggnog.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. What fun that sounds. We ate by the bay, and it was ok. Later we met up with one of G's best friends, and we made plans to all eat together next year. :)

        Delete
    5. Ahhhh... Mage...
      I'm always so thankful for you. Your comments keep me going throughout the year. Thank you so much! Our Thanksgiving was rather hectic and stressful. Your Thanksgiving sounds awfully lovely to me.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Our Thanksgiving was simple, and G's food was perfection. So sorry that you were stressed, but so glad you are here. I start my day with you every day and learn from you so much.

        Delete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life