January 24, 2017

HERE BE BIRDS




The little carved and painted Toucan we found at an estate sale a week ago.

I’m feeling guilty.  In two days, dear G will be 29 again.  I haven’t got him anything.  What do you get for the man who has everything. 

At first I thought my idea of a “weather station” wouldn’t work.  Nope, it’s a success.  He checks the gauges often.  Imagine two inches of rain here.  I knew the bird feeder was a bust.  He never hung it or filled it.  Now that he has a bracket, it’s hung and in constant use.  A huge success.

It’s amazing how much bird food those finches can eat.

It’s all a matter of location, location, location.  Whatever I get should be something that will work in his office.  That’s it.  He spends eleven plus hours a day in this little room.  The bird feeder works so well as it hangs inches from his head.

Do any of you have suggestions?  Please let me know.  Thank you.


10 comments:

  1. Oh, and is that your painting? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, that paining is by my friend Don DeLlamas. You can put his name into google and see more of his work. It's the first one I acquired.

      Delete
  2. A picnic to a distant car show??

    ReplyDelete
  3. No suggestions. Terry and I don't buy one another gifts. When we want something, we go buy it. I bought a new jacket and a purse today. Neither were something Terry would have chosen for me. He's usually buying some technology thing that I would never think of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually just take him somewhere nice, but this year he made reservations early. LOL

      Delete
  4. I always found it difficult as he preferred to be the giver. It usually ended up as something he could wear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That painting and bird go so well together. But birthday present ideas? Sigh... I'm no good at presents.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life