January 30, 2017

MORNING SMILES


At the San Diego River.

Every day lately, I have tried to start my day with a quiet but calm picture....some image I’ve taken near home that brings a smile to my soul.  I often post it to Facebook first thing.  If I didn’t make this effort, I’d be madder than a hatter at the American political process all day.  

George’s finches brighten the office too.  Other birds that can’t fit on the finch feeder hover around it.  Down in the driveway I found two crows and a mourning dove yesterday pecking at dropped seeds.  They wait on the edge of the balcony.  They hover on the bare tree branches.   They bring smiles to our faces.



                                                                    

  • Himself:  Still enjoying the fruits of his birthday.  Tonight is Phil’s BBQ.  Yes, we have gained enough weight to make pants tight.
  • Herself:  Tomorrow morning a visit to the ENT.  We will see if he ok’s that I get back into the very cold air first thing in the mornings.  Today the usual Monday morning things….laundry, grocery, receipts, and a start on the taxes.
  • Reading:  Stabenow.  Just what I need right now.
  • Gratitudes:  For the beauty and comfort around me.


  • 13 comments:

    1. Finches have a way of brightening your day. I used to have one right outside my writing window. Unfortunately, it attracted raccoons.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Finding a calming picture in such troubled times is a good idea. I am not American, but I am so upset by what has been allowed to happen. It boggles my mind.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It worry's me so, angers me beyond boggle, and leaves me wishing I could do more than march and write.

        Delete
    3. We spent the day yesterday observing and photographing wildlife. Sanity in a sad world.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I had to take in my bird feeder. Attracted squirrels (who nibble away at wires) and mice. :-(

      ReplyDelete
    5. It is very hard to get me to smile these days. I wake in the morning and say in my head "What new hell has this creep wrought?" I think of those who are losing their homes, families, promises, future and hope. I find my empathy my weakness. I lose focus! I am taking a health and meditation course...maybe it will get me in the groove eventually.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I completely and fully understand.

        Delete
    6. On another note...feeders do attract mice...but there are mousetraps.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. We have rats...but there are rat traps. LOL

        Delete
    7. Sounds like a good way to start the day....lot better than watching the news for sure.

      ReplyDelete
    8. I see mynah birds outside my office window every day. They make such a racket. Finches are a lot quieter and cuter.

      ReplyDelete

    Please, take just a moment to leave me a note. I really appreciate notes.

    SORTING

    Portland Union station Work has been sorted, and I’m home to sort my own things now.  I’ve gained roundness.  G says we are Mr. and ...