January 30, 2017

MORNING SMILES


At the San Diego River.

Every day lately, I have tried to start my day with a quiet but calm picture....some image I’ve taken near home that brings a smile to my soul.  I often post it to Facebook first thing.  If I didn’t make this effort, I’d be madder than a hatter at the American political process all day.  

George’s finches brighten the office too.  Other birds that can’t fit on the finch feeder hover around it.  Down in the driveway I found two crows and a mourning dove yesterday pecking at dropped seeds.  They wait on the edge of the balcony.  They hover on the bare tree branches.   They bring smiles to our faces.



                                                                    

  • Himself:  Still enjoying the fruits of his birthday.  Tonight is Phil’s BBQ.  Yes, we have gained enough weight to make pants tight.
  • Herself:  Tomorrow morning a visit to the ENT.  We will see if he ok’s that I get back into the very cold air first thing in the mornings.  Today the usual Monday morning things….laundry, grocery, receipts, and a start on the taxes.
  • Reading:  Stabenow.  Just what I need right now.
  • Gratitudes:  For the beauty and comfort around me.


  • 12 comments:

    1. Finches have a way of brightening your day. I used to have one right outside my writing window. Unfortunately, it attracted raccoons.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Finding a calming picture in such troubled times is a good idea. I am not American, but I am so upset by what has been allowed to happen. It boggles my mind.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It worry's me so, angers me beyond boggle, and leaves me wishing I could do more than march and write.

        Delete
    3. We spent the day yesterday observing and photographing wildlife. Sanity in a sad world.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I had to take in my bird feeder. Attracted squirrels (who nibble away at wires) and mice. :-(

      ReplyDelete
    5. It is very hard to get me to smile these days. I wake in the morning and say in my head "What new hell has this creep wrought?" I think of those who are losing their homes, families, promises, future and hope. I find my empathy my weakness. I lose focus! I am taking a health and meditation course...maybe it will get me in the groove eventually.

      ReplyDelete
    6. On another note...feeders do attract mice...but there are mousetraps.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. We have rats...but there are rat traps. LOL

        Delete
    7. Sounds like a good way to start the day....lot better than watching the news for sure.

      ReplyDelete
    8. I see mynah birds outside my office window every day. They make such a racket. Finches are a lot quieter and cuter.

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life