June 19, 2017

THE COUNTY FAIR



We still have a genuine, old style, county fair.  There’s a midway, bands all throughout the venue, prizes for foods, displays, collections, and of course quilting.  There are prizes for the best rabbits, chickens, cows, lambs, and a host of other animals raised in the back country.  We missed the Firemen’s Destruction Derby this year, but we will be enjoying flowers, weaving, and even the livestock show.  Page’s of items are listed on the calendar including a Maritime Museum ship show, and a watermelon seed spitting contest.  G says Worm Racing is a nail biter.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….        

  • Himself:  Saw “Wonder Woman” yesterday.  We both liked it.  Looking forward to the fair.

  • Herself:  Very IBSish for a couple of days.  I enjoyed Wonder Women too…off to class now.

  • Reading:  Finishing off the WWI book.

  • Gratitude’s:  That I feel so well today.


  • 10 comments:

    1. Enjoy those moments of well being, Mage.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Let's all go spit some seeds......I used to do thatd as a kid with my Dad and Grandad.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I grew up around one of the best county fairs in the country. Have yet to see another one measure up but even the weaker ones bring back memories. Keep the feeling well close.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I'll be posting fair pictures all week. I too love the fair and ours is a bit citified, and I am sure yours is better. I love it anyway. I'm always amazed there are so many critters there. Acres of knitting and quilting too.

        Delete
    4. I have no idea what IBSish is. But I seem to miss the cutting edge on so many things these days.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. IBS: Irritable bowel Syndrome happens when I eat something I am allergic to...this time fruit. Darn it.

        Delete
    5. I onow ibs but i need to say just how lovely that photo is...did you take it?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks John for your kind words. I take all the photos you see here. Every once in a while G takes a better version, and I will use that. I give credit if I didn't take it.

        Delete
    6. Love to see your photos. Our county fair doesn't come until Labor Day but being in a farming community is much like the one I remember when I was kid. No Ferris wheel for me. Makes me seasick just looking at them. Elephant ears. Yum yum!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Oh, the unhealthy Cream Puff for me. LOL

        Delete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life