July 9, 2017

COSTUMINGS


2014

There are moments that my brain flat out shuts down not understanding what I want it to do.  My hat needs ties.  That little thing ground me to a halt yesterday after long periods of ripping out seams and putting them back in.  Is this piece in…is this to go out…what direction out…if I attach this here where will it end up.  When building something from scratch, it’s interesting to watch the process from a little distance.

I have almost two weeks before Comic Con opens, and that will give me time to reset the shoulder linings.  My dress should have sleeves, but it’s not getting them.  Then again, I am not as slightly off center as to build four costumes…one for every day.  A friend is doing that. 

Here, installing the black cord on G’s costume has been a struggle.  We don’t know what purpose it serves, but it has to be attached to make the costume look authentic.  This black cord goes from a silver square over his heart, over his shoulder, down his back, and sideways into another little silver thing.  Its use is never explained. 

I want to get to my machine before he wants my table.  When my brain is fresh, I should be able to figure out how to position the ties on the hat.  We almost have lift off here.  Saturday at Comic Con is Costume day, and 130,000 thousand folks are also nearing lift off for that day.  Imagine that.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….          

  • Himself:  Working on his cord, chair of a business meeting….
  • Herself:  tonight that I don’t have to go to.  Early making a hat, trimming points, and pressing fabrics.
  • Reading:  The five year old volume on Queen Elizabeth.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I feel so good this morning.


9 comments:

  1. Perseverance pays off, Mage! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed, can hardly wait to see you all in your costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have WAY more ambition than I do.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. No ambition, I just don't want to be hot like I was last year. Basic laziness has spurred me on.

      Delete
  4. You are so amazing and so talented, Mage. I can imagine how much fun it will be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part is that I will be cool and comfortable this year. LOL

      Delete

postcards

Celebration of Life