October 16, 2017

ANTICIPATION


It was physical time today.  We got to the lab well before 7AM, but there was no order.  We couldn’t stay to see if the clerk could find it.  G had to go to work.  Usually I am not a nice unfed person, but this day I was just in a daze.

Websites hate me this week.  Instead of accepting their rejections, I’ve been expecting to open their pages.  Anticipating an easy entry.  Nope, among my worst struggles has been my medical site.  Nothing I could do would open their page.  Yes, my doctor ONLY communicates via their “Patient Portal.  No portal for me.  Ditto Photobucket.  Ditto one of my blogs. 

I’d like the internet to flow smoothly as we begin to sort stuff to pack. 

I’ve picked two books to read on the train anticipating a wonderful trip to Powell’s Books in Portland.  It’s the Mecca for all book lovers.  I’ve printed my tickets, my hotel reservations both Portland and LA.  I’ve printed directions to all the Powell’s.  I’ve even printed everyone’s phone numbers so I don’t have to bring my twenty pound phone book.

I’ve got pants, shirts, sweaters, underwear, and even a tooth brush.  I imagine I will happily leave for the train never knowing if I am healthy or not.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Got some new folks on his phone that didn’t listen.  Got a Chineese 49cc Ultracyle that wasn’t in his system.  That sort of day.
  • Herself:  It’s almost dinner time, and I feel more in touch with the world now.
  • Reading:  A 1969 D E Stevenson.
  • Captain Poolie:  Turn around.  Perky yesterday
  • Gratitude’s:  That I woke up at last.


6 comments:

  1. Just enjoy the time and don't think about it. We have a momoth book sale coming up this weekend as well...the Guelph Friends of the Library put it on every year. They have donated warehouse space in which to set up. It's never enough space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you a great trip now. Forget the rest. It will be sorted out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, happy travels. We are adjusting to smart phones. You can put all of your tickets and numbers on there. And many books on tablets etc. Not that I do all of this. Still fond of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder if portals have a time limit. Mine has disappeared also. Enjoy your trip--especially the train ride. I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time on your train trip. It's on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We took the train from Seattle to Portland. It was heavenly. I spent so much of my time in Powell's when we lived there and made some great "finds."

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life