November 25, 2017

A LITTLE EARLY



…thinking about the holidays.  Normally our tree sits in the dining room.  Since the dining room has morphed into a quilting room, and is going to stay that way, we need to put our tree somewhere else.  It should fit nicely where the Morris chair sits, but what are we to put it on.

We have never thought to measure the tree stand.  I think we need to know how big the base is.  What?  How ‘bout a table to put it on after we measure.  I would suppose it should be sturdy.  “Who would have thunk it,” my mother would have said.  “What a first world problem,” I mutter.

Yes, it’s a red tree year.  I know it is of no real interest to you, but I love it as a seasonal icon.  I’ve been collecting read and stripy ornaments for thirty some years.  I’m really not just a seasonal person, but I can’t see the tree staying up all year collecting dust balls.  Nor can I see bowls and jars of ornaments collecting more dust.

I noted yesterday that lights are going up post-Thanksgiving in our neighborhood.  I even caught a glimpse or two of tree lights in windows last night.  Technically, Christmas starts on Christmas morning and runs 12 days.  Today’s times find Christmas starting the day after Thanksgiving and ending the day after Christmas. 

Who am I to argue…instead I’m thinking about the season. 
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  It was his 33rd birthday yesterday.  He took a token at the Friday meeting, he will take one Sunday, and another Monday night.  He brought the ladder upstairs.  He does have to go to work at the museum this afternoon.
  • https://www.facebook.com/>Herself:>   Still glowing from Bobbies pleasure with her quilt.  She called to say so again.
  • Reading:  A DE Stevenson…but it’s downstairs.  Hatties Web blog.  She is now in hospice care at home.  What a wonderful, inspiring, brilliant woman.
  • Captain Poolie:  G visited her yesterday and found her delightfully full of pain pills and fun.  We will visit her this morning.
  • Gratitude’s:  For all our blessings…and they runeth over.


11 comments:

  1. Somewhere new for the tree to stand. Change can be a rough thing. We will survive it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things change. I'm sure it will be lovely. I am going back to not putting the tree up until later. The 22nd the kids will all be home and I'll have the little ones over to eat pizza and decorate my fake tree. Then (unless the weather is dry and sunny and good for being out in it) I will take it down New Year's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of folks around here have their outside decorations up.......we just barely skimmed past remembrance day before we started to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love red ornaments too, Mage. I’ve collected a lot of them over the years too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still debating about putting up ornaments. There is something scheduled for family every weekend this month, so they will never be coming down. I guess I should do it for hubby and I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it for yourself. :)
      My tree is up but not decorated. The red stuff is out. I love the end result, but hate the dust. LOL

      Delete
  6. Congrats to Himself. Maybe need a token tree?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I envy your tree. My cat has taken that pleasure from me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are already Christmasified hereabouts with decorations here and there and music sometimes playing. Our tree, however, is just a table-top, pre-lit tree ever since we moved here 12 years past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is a tabletop, 4 foot tall tree too. No music. :)

      Delete

postcards

Celebration of Life