November 8, 2017

CHAIRS

Zoe…one long ago Christmas.

The Retail world doesn’t think like I do. 

While the time changes bring wonderful colors, crisp air, and layered clothes, they think only of sales.  Even our store, which normally puts out our holiday décor for one big sale, is putting a scattering of red and green things out on the floor now.  Of course we have to follow the leaders.  In our neighborhood its Target or Marshalls.  No Neiman Marcus near us.

I feel a little like revolting.  Refusnick be me.  Not continually mentioning the Holiday Sale on Facebook would be a lift to my spirits, but the boss wouldn’t like me at all.  Instead I’m compromising.  I show photos of comfy chairs and mention how comfortable folks will be in these during the holidays.  Silly me.

The old rocker that Zoe is sitting in above isn’t really comfortable.  It came across the country in a Conestoga wagon with G’s grandmother.  Over the years it has been used so much that the rockers are flat.  On top of that, we partially refinished it ruining its value.  Guilt doesn’t change the fact that grandchildren gravitate to this chair. 

The retail world might like that kind of holiday memory.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  Work, making bread, and is… “I am doing really good.”  Going to a hockey gathering for Jeff tonight.  He has very terminal cancer, and this may be his last outing.
  • Herself:  We both skipped the gym/pool.  LOL  Book day today, chicken and salad for dinner before Hockey and Jeff.
  • Reading:  The last few entries in Katherine Graham’s “Washington.”
  • Captain Poolie:  Miserable last night, but much better this morning.  A ramp has been built out her front door.
  • Gratitude’s:  For being able to hug Jeff.


  • 6 comments:

    1. Such an intense look. Wow, what history in that chair. So glad it is still rocking and making memories.

      ReplyDelete
    2. My grands would love that chair too.

      ReplyDelete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    4. This time change has totally screwed up my sleep schedule...I feel awful and have deep afternoon naps with strange dreams...

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life