November 6, 2017

SMALLS



While I take to muttering my smalls for the week, I’ll share some other black and white photographs with you.    People photos.  Today I have the old favorite of Duck imitating his dog Plaid.  Tabor commented this morning that I have strong friends.  Perhaps Duck was one of the strongest in his special way.
·       We think the initial trigger was something in a cookie.  Did I ever mention that food allergies were the pits?  One reaction will often trigger another.  Yesterday onions in my usual Saturday omelet (eaten Sunday), triggered another nasty reaction.  I’m eating bread and butter, and I’m compiling a food allergy list for a visit to a nutritionist.  I’m going a bit bonkers trying to keep all my yes and no’s going.
·       Got myself to the pool this morning.  Glorious to see a friend in the water again after recent heart surgery.  I wish Poolie could sit up and join us.  Her pneumonia is still with her and the meds are 23 grand…generic are 12 grand.  What?  Yes, I said that.  While the NRA is going bonkers, so is the pharmaceutical industry. 
·       I’ll be a hausfrau today…menu’s for the week, laundry, dishes, make the bed, stare at the quilt that isn’t getting done.  That sort of thing. 
·       Reading.  If a book is shabby and worn, the shop usually lets our secondary folks have it.  We are allowed to take a book home to read.  Just by chance I grabbed a really worn copy of a 1961 Mr. and Mrs. North mystery to bring home.  My memory told me that it would be good.  I find it’s just plain charming.
·       I’m not fully adapted to the early sunshine yet, but I am loving it.
·       What more could I want than wonderful sunshine. 
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  Usual Monday madness.  Round up committee meeting tonight.
  • Herself:  Following along after G.
  • Reading:  Lockridge.
  • Captain Poolie:  Home.
  • Gratitude’s:  That the pool was so wonderful.


  • 7 comments:

    1. What an insane price for meds...I had to read that twice to be sure of what I was seeing.

      ReplyDelete
    2. The cost of meds here is ridiculous too. Way out of control! Feel better!

      ReplyDelete
    3. There is a reason that so many ads on TV are about medications. They are the industry making money hand over fist through subsidized insurance. If we lived overseas the powers that be would protect us.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. This may be a lifesaving med for poolie, and the cost is so very prohibitive.

        Delete
    4. That is a heck of a lot for meds. Because I am a senior, I can get my meds almost free.

      ReplyDelete
    5. That price is just shameful. How do these pharmaceuticals executives sleep at night?

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life