December 30, 2017

BANNERS



I like to keep my blogs fresh, and one way I can on Blogger and Facebook is to refresh the banner.  It’s like washing the dishes or making the bed…a fresh banner makes me think in new ways. 

My brain gets too easily clogged up.  Refreshing blog things kick starts something new in me.   For years I made a point of going down to the Children’s Pool in La Jolla every New Year’s day.  I loved to see the surf crashing over the walls, and I loved to watch the seals.  Everything there seemed new and not of my world.  Now days I stay away from the seals and wander along the bay. 
                      


There’s always a beautiful clarity to the air on these sunny winter days.  Perhaps something interesting will come down the bay like a ship.  Today my goal is to keep G warm and dry, napped and rehydrated.  Maybe he would like to doze by the bay…maybe.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Still sick but napping laying down.
  • Me, myself, and I:  Heading for the showers then lunch.  Keeping things simple.  Maybe even picking up some of the Christmas Décor.  Yesterday was insane at work with two estates plus another 25 or so donations coming in the door.  I stopped in there today to replace some lighting in the book area, and the donations are hip deep everywhere.  Never have I seen it like this.  I stayed to work a couple of hours.
  • Reading:  The new Bosch.  I hadn’t bought it at Costco to avoid seeing one of my fictional hero’s down and out.  It came into the store yesterday.  Another fictional heroine, Kinsey Milhone, died with the death yesterday of mystery Author Sue Grafton.  Her husband wrote that Kinsey was really Sue.  I will miss her.
  • Captain Poolie:  G talked with her yesterday, and she agreed she didn’t want to see him.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I have nothing more than my usual cough.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Mage. Hope G is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Sue Grafton passing. I've always enjoyed her books.

    I really like way you have written a brief synopsis of what is going on in your life at the end of each post. It's like a 'quick and dirty' diary entry (although nothing dirty about it, no offense meant).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No offense at all. I have such a damaged memory, and I do this so in the future I will know what I did.

      Delete
    2. My memory is terrible, too. I used to keep notes about what I did daily but stopped a few months ago. I wish that I hadn't stopped because if I have no emails to myself or to others, or handwritten notes, the undocumented days are lost in a fog. I stopped because I became so obsessive compulsive about details that I spent more time making To Do lists and documenting everything than I did actually doing things, if you know what I mean. I may start blogging again and use a similar format as you to see if it works for me.

      Delete
    3. Notice that I keep it really simple. That's the key. I limit my time on line now, and I try really hard to stay within that time limit. That really helps. :)

      Delete
  3. And then there are those of us who don't have blog headers. We are so vanilla. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then, dear vanilla, make one. LOL You have wonderful photographs, My headers make me smile every time I open my blog.

      Delete
  4. Sorry that Poolie is having such a long rough time. It is hard on those who love her as well as her, I am sure. I did not read all of the Grafton mysteries and now have a new challenge. I am reading a STuart Woods spy book...very different from my stuff over the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished archiving my photos for 2017. One or two serious things got deleted. Oy. G's back in bed. I found two volunteers to move books on Thursday. Now I am heading into the middle of a Michael Connelly "Bosch" mystery. I like the character a lot. I did pick up "Making the Mummies Dance" by Hoving to read this weekend. Signed. When I looked it up, I decided not to damage it by reading it. LOL Stay warm and dry.

      Delete
    2. I unfortunately discovered the Louise Penny mysteries. I'm reading onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....

      Delete
  5. Goodness G is really being hit. Hope he is much better soon. Good idea to keep him and Poolie apart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today, at last, he thinks he might live. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love the banner you have right now, Mage. I'm posting different photos from my airplane window on my banner. I doubt anybody is noticing the differences though.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life