December 10, 2017

ORTS, BITS, AND SMALLS


Grandma Maudie and Grandpa Gunthorp in the 1930’s.

·       Busy, busy day ahead.  The core focus will be attending Jeff’s memorial service.  It’s to be held what was once far, far out in the country at Glen Abby.  My beloved grandmother is buried there, grandpa is there, and my father, Gunny, is there.   Perhaps we will be early enough to visit them.
·       Margot is officially employed…with little added details such as retirement and medical coverage.  She’s always worked…but in a series of part time, temporary jobs.  She and a dear friend celebrated last night with a wonderful meal out ending with a chocolate bread pudding.  I suggested she get the recipe.
·       It’s G’s last time as Chair of the Sunday Business meeting.  A new person will move into his job in January.  He will go back to being a greeter at the door…and not wearing a suit every week.  Now what’s he going to do with the hundred some unique ties he has.  It’s also the last time he has to text 69 folks about the meeting tonight.  He’s very pleased.
·       I’ve posted to the Discovery Facebook page, now I am writing this, and next I will move on to shower, pack a lunch, and we are outta here.  After the service, first we pick up books from Poolie's sister, then I’m hoping we can fit a few minutes in with Poolie before home and packaging up the presents to mail, and making dinner before heading to the meeting.  Since I’m such an airhead, I’ve already laid out my clothes for both occasions.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Didn’t watch the Sunday TV stuff, instead came in and texted.  Clothes to the ready also.  Auto Museum party Thursday, of all things, and his Company party on Friday.
  • https://www.facebook.com/>Herself:>   Right now I have to go down two flights of stairs for my hair gel then back up two flights of stairs to shower.
  • Reading:  A Bosch mystery.
  • Captain Poolie:  She seemed in less pain yesterday and could sit up with ease as well as scoot up in the bed.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I can move around with semi ease. 
J


4 comments:

  1. Hectic day but you are prepared! Hope it’s a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the picture of your grandparents. Folks in that era just never smiled for the camera--I know mine didn't. Often wonder what that group would think about selfies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for Poolie and her challenges. She so lucky to have you guys! Congrats to the daughter on her excellent change of path and wishing her much success in the future. Your grandparents were stern old dudes...perhaps the sign of the times.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life