January 9, 2018

RAIN RAIN



The desert outside Vegas.

It’s a week of necessary errands.  Today we meet with our new accountant.  He’s a car guy too.  Wednesday I see my doc after work.  I’ve had a pain in my stomach that needs looking at.  Thursday is dentist.  George’s dental insurance kicks in, and it’s the only one that our dentist will take.  I can fix the two broken teeth now. 

George is vastly better.  Those around us are falling like flies with the flu. 
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Has perked up a vast amount.

  • Me, myself, and I:  Very pleased with the new accountant.

  • Reading:  Fascinated by Penny’s Chief Inspector Gamache

  • Captain Poolie:  Being transferred from La Jolla to Hillcrest back to her team of doctors.

  • Gratitude’s:  Loving the rain, the wet streets, the wonderful uniqueness of rain in a desert.


  • 8 comments:

    1. Ah, but the mudslides along Hwy 101 are not good.

      ReplyDelete
    2. So glad George is recovering. I'm fighting a cold right now. We've heard about the flu on the mainland. Stay well, Mage and I'm glad you're able to get those teeth fixed. Yay!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Inspector Gamache is popular here!

      ReplyDelete
    4. My gratitude is not doing well. DIL has lost her job and the company is moving away. Son has more illness issues that he will not talk about. I am avoiding sleeping pills, but thinking I cannot do this much longer.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hope you don't get the 'flu and the tummy ache isn't serious. It's the time of year when everything needs to be renewed. I've had new lenses so don't need glasses for anything but very fine work. I feel lost without my 'specs. Sod's law.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Hooray for dental insurance. Love Louise Penny's Gamache. Have them all so far. Really, really hope you stay well. The day after Christmas my whole family started getting sick. All are over the worst but several still have that rumbly cough. I've escaped so far.

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life