February 19, 2018

BLOGROLLS

1983, Janey at Disneyland.

My mouse got to browsing an old blogging friend’s bookmark list this morning.  Perhaps I was missing my old friends after Jim’s death.  Most were not blogging anymore.  Sometimes a family member made a note that their father, mother, or sister had died.  Other times they had just vanished.  Their last entry would be dated many years in the past.

John, one of the first of the elder bloggers I knew just faded away.  One day he told us he had nothing to say.  In his last entry, I’m still here, he told us.  So is Graham, he added.  Nothing more.  He helped me so much, and I wish I knew what happened. 

Yes, so many of my friends out here in real life have died.  Janey died of breast cancer, so did Jo.  I know what happened to them.  Ronnie, with the most intensive blogroll, has been busy with her own cancer has let her blogroll go.  I’m reminding you to check yours.  I’m reminding me to check mine.  Perhaps most of my links are still good.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Me, myself, and I:  Have a lunch meeting at the store.  Feeling better every day.  50 degrees out there with rough wind gusts.  Didn’t go to the pool.
  • Gratitude’s:  So grateful for feeling better.

  • 9 comments:

    1. I thought once I'd clear out my list. Then I looked at who is missing, and I could not.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I moved my missing friends to a new category so I could go read when I wanted to. Yes, so sad.

        Delete
    2. Replies
      1. I had the hardest time letting her go too. I kept her and Marianna-Hilo Hattie for the longest time before I had to make myself say goodbye.

        Delete
    3. I keep hoping my missing are fine, just burned out and that someday they will post an update. Not knowing is awful.

      ReplyDelete
    4. It would be nice if people would say goodbye assuming that were possible.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Glad you are feeling better. I often wonder what will happen to my blog if (and when) I pass away. I have no one to leave a message.

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life