February 21, 2018

BOOKS, BOOKS, MARVELOUS BOOKS



I took the laptop to work yesterday and, after a nasty struggle to access the wireless, began going through the just donated boxes of books.  All those boxes, now only 12, are from one family.  Many are on ships and shipping.  Most are flat out exciting to this booklady.

Imagine a book on dry docks worth eleven thousand dollars.  There’s the beautiful builders volume from Fincantieri about the construction of the Queen Elizabeth 2.  It’s’ beyond my dreams at three hundred some bucks.  I brought home a book by Lecturer Bruce Peter on the history of the Cruise ship.  Boy did I read that one carefully.

By three yesterday afternoon, I packed up my dog and pony show.  I’d started the laundry before I left; I came home expecting to finish the laundry.  Nope, dear G had done it all….folded, hung, and taken up two stories.  I am forever grateful.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  His queue is light today.  Olympics tonight.
  • Me, myself, and I:  Book lady again today…and probably tomorrow.  I’m laughing at myself a lot lately.
  • Reading:  ”Cruise Ships,” By Bruce Peter.
  • Captain Poolie:  Her niece has returned from up north, and brought her things with her.
  • Gratitude’s:  I found a food yesterday on the no list.  LOL


12 comments:

  1. All those books, what a dangerous place. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not up to date with my blogs and have just heard about Poolie's dying. I hope you are OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ok tho alergish. Hugs too you and yours.

      Delete
  3. Do you get to read as many of those books as you can manage? I'm not in possession of all the facts yet. Are your collections redistributed, or do they do to a location for resale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are probably going to eBay for sale from our California headquarters.

      Delete
  4. What a treasure trove...I mean the books...okay the food item too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such boxes of books would be exciting to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a love that G is! Give him a hug for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you market those expensive books?

    Our big used bookstore is going out of business in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually go on eBay. I am so very sorry about the loss of your bookstore. That's terrible.

      Delete
  8. Coming across older posts and reading an update on Poohlie makes me so very sad to know she's no longer here with us. She had such a wicked sense of humor. Love you...

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life