February 14, 2018

RAT RODS

…or a Franken Dodge at it’s best.







Rat Rods.  They are not really cars or trucks, instead they are artistic creations.  This one has a BMW engine.  Tires, wheels, hubs, brakes, rear axle, engine and trannie are BMW too.  There’s another truck on a Toyota frame.  There’s real rust and fake rust, and an amazing amount of enthusiasm whatever it is for the creativity.  Several of these creations are daily drivers.

I share this Dodge because I once had a truck whose drivers side floorboard had rusted away.  George cut out the shape he needed from an industrial cookie sheet.  Here, there just isn’t a floor board at all.

The show manager, Pandora, traveled from state to state to find these cars.  They truly give us a wonderful and entertaining show…a perfect Valentine’s day gift for any car guy or car girl.

San Diego Automotive Museum
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  He says he is really pretty good today.
  • Me, myself, and I:  I ate some peanut butter and was in agony from mid-afternoon on…even through the opening show.  This morning I declared it a bread and butter day.  A little better every day.  Still eating and nausea are part of my days.  The texting system at the docs isn't functional for me.
  • Reading:  Louise Penny….wonderful, captivating stories.  Three more are coming from ABE books.
  • Captain Poolie:  They announced her death after the meeting and dinner.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I am feeling still better this morning.  


8 comments:

  1. These things are delightful.

    And all the best to you.

    Happy Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our 1936 Dodge coupe was the family car. It had a ram hood ornament, with a circle plus horns. Pointy. My uncle ripped his trousers on one, and sawed off both. My father was livid.
    These look so familiar to old eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut butter really upsets my digestive system, so I feel for you. Hope the bread and butter day gives you relief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely touch peanut butter -- it gives me indigestion. I'm o.k. again -- made a huge pot of veggie-beef soup and that's helped. Regular doses of acetaminophen helps as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Nutella or Peanut Butter for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen such an art piece. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to smile at the no drivers side floor board. I had an old Metropolitan like that and use to get the backs of my legs washed in a rain storm.
    So sorry peanut butter is such a villain. Hope you are all better now.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life