February 4, 2018

TEACHER,TEACHER



Captain Poolie Sails the Seas of Life.

She was our teacher.  “She brought diverse groups of people together,” Pam told us. 

She taught us how to live, and how to reach for the good stuff of life.  She taught us how to play and enjoy life.  She shared her laughter; she shared her life with us all.  She taught us about work…and she loved her work.  She loved her music too.  She was young and didn’t want to die…she had more to teach, to show, to tell.  She passed away this morning around 0130 after a yearlong struggle.   

Paula Brandes
Captain, The Star of India
Museum Director, San Diego Auto Museum

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Visited her yesterday morning.  Worked the new museum show “Rat Rods.”  He woke at three this morning and knew Poolie had died.
  • Me, myself, and I:  Got test results, more tests needed.  So glad we visited Poolie yesterday.
  • Reading:  Again, I have no new book to hand.
  • Captain Poolie:  Died quietly, out of pain, with her niece for company.
  • Gratitude’s:  So glad I could hit a couple of thrift stores with G yesterday morning.  Haven’t found the brownish Ragg sweater I am looking for yet…so will get to do a lot more shopping.  LOL  Poolie is laughing with us all now.


10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace and love, and Godspeed, Poolie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences.....so glad she was not in pain at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry you have lost your friend. She fought such brutal year and now she can rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel free to tell us (me) more about her life. I loved your photos because they really showed what a personality she was!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry! It's always hard to lose a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww ... tough times for you but they're over for her although that's not what anyone was hoping for. I think you short tribute is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know about her connection with the Star of India -- loved watching her sail out of the harbor. Just discovered the archive link on your page... There are times when I feel so ignorant of how FB/Blogspot/Wordpress--just about anything on the Internet--works. Is the Red Quilt your house quilt on the reverse? I finally figured out your quilting lines and they're HOUSES!!! LOL I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh... I'm so sorry, Mage. I know how loved she was.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life