April 9, 2018

DETAILS



The Great G isn’t happy with my morning coffee travel mug.  I knock it over first thing in the morning.  He buys a carpet cleaning machine.  Two times later when I do it, I get a new and lower morning travel mug.  It’s ok.  Just ok, but I am sure I will get used to it.

I’m really very grateful that he brings me coffee….

…today interrupting a long, poetic dream about Carradine.  Once again he is young and beautiful and about to become a giant Broadway star.  I argue with him about his wives, his doing all those drugs, and about the way he died.  One more time I rush him to the airport…always one more time.

Then middle aged, dear, rounded George wakes me up and I am filled with appreciation.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Saturday we rotated the mountain of nautical books over to the shelves where I had the aeronautical books.  Switched them around so there was air and a bit of presentation.  We ate at the Broken Yolk.  He went to work and one more time I napped.

Sunday We woke slowly, watched the Sunday shows, and met Poolies friend Pam at the Broken Yolk.  They were so surprised to see us two days in a row.  Most importantly, it gave us a chance to listen to Pam…she needed an ear.  Napped again.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  His knee is the bane of his life.  Horrible hives under the support.  Got him to a pharmisist who found a cheap wrapping to go under the supports.  Hives are better this morning.
  • Herself:  Slowly better.  Endoscopy on Thursday.  Looking forward to a quiet week before then.  Teeth still glued in.  Glasses still glued together.  What more could I want.
  • Reading:  A Palm for Mrs. Polifax.  Still charmed by these mysteries.
  • Watching:  Tonight is Antiques Roadshow.
  • Gratitude’s:  I didn’t knock over the new coffee mug, and G didn’t buy any of those horrible ties.
  •  


10 comments:

  1. Seeing those ties of thought of silk quilts...maybe small ones for pillows. But I would never have the energy to do them. Why no more pool? Did I miss something? Of course I did.I did my weights today because it is too cold to garden. I really think the weight-lifting saved me on that nasty fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been sick. I tore a hole in my abdominal wall...or severely sprained a muscle. If I move wrong, I hurt all over again. I wait and gain weight.

      Delete
  2. I was afraid too those ties were in the closet and destined for a quilt. Don't denigrate a stable coffee cup. They have been the center of my life for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is cool how many men deliver coffee to their spouses in the AM. Guess I didn't hang on to one long enough to get him properly trained. You go G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put on Sue's coffee as soon as she gets up. It doesn't make me a hero because it's just Tassimo, but it's something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is a really good travel mug out there just waiting to be found.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no chance to get a coffee when i get up. It was always my work to do...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those ties -- just think what an awesome vest they would make!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. Sorry I haven't been following you -- how did your endoscopy turn out?? And what's up with George's knee?? Which knee?

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life