May 8, 2018

CARPET CLEANING DE JOUR




Low art.

We are having the carpet cleaned…again.  While I was out this morning, G took down all the low art and moved all movable furniture.  The Carpet cleaner guy, who is an exceptionally nice man, does the best job of anyone we have ever had.  I know he doesn’t want to damage anything.  I know he will do a really  good job on my three coffee spiLls. 

Low hanging art?  We have lots of little art bits, and we ran out of places to hang them.  The bottom stairs are floor to ceiling small art pieces.  Upstairs, I didn’t want to ruin the drama of the two story terra cotta colored wall with tons of art, so I hung small pieces very low.  Over the years most are now black and white.

Not all homes have the too much art problem, but all artists I know do.

“Did you photograph the art before you took it down,” I asked.

“No,” he replied, “but I remember where they all go.

I didn’t tell him that this hadn’t worked well before.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  Gym, packed up house, and is now at work.  Eye appointment.  I’ll drive him home.  He lost weight eating Oreos yesterday.
  • Herself:  Meeting and came home to find the work all done.  Audiologist after lunch.  Take G to eye doc later. 
  • Art:  At the top of the stairs is an old silk block that is shattered.  Next one is a drink card from a 20’s or 30’s Alaska ferry.  Good graphics.  You can see a bit of the bottom of Ducks Sunflowers at the top of the stairs.
  • Watching:  Last NCIS with Abby.
  • Gratitudes:  That I met a lady at my morning meeting who lives in my complex. 


10 comments:

  1. Tell us about the linoleum print (?). It looks more like running water and reeds than a wolf baying at the sky. It's tantalizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ye of little faith........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah what riches...a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a TWA Hong Kong Ambassador Service menu. I believe it's from 1995. The front appears to be signed. Would you like it or would you know someone who would like it? It's beautiful and I don't want to just put it in recycling. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh! We haven't had our carpet cleaned in forever. Actually, I'd like to get rid of it and get a wood laminate, but mom prefers the softness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of low hanging art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color of your walls and the art placement. You make me realize how happy I am not to have carpet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have carpeting in the bedroom and stairs only. It makes a world of difference to my morale to have my feet strike warm carpet when I walk in there.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life