May 3, 2018

TEETH



1969, Balboa Park, Charlie Davis, Photographer.

Yes, those are all my teeth.  Every one of them.  Now in 2018, they are not all mine any more.  Many are missing because of my own neglect.  As a teen ager, I didn’t brush them when I wore braces.  Floss was a foreign word.  Now I know.

Four were pulled in the 1950's so braces could be fitted.  A nasty sinus infection and an incompetent dentist lost me two in the 1980’s.  The wisdom teeth were lost in the seventies. Cavities caused crowning in the 1990’s.  I try now carefully to stay on top of what’s left….with great care.  Much to my dismay, I have gaps everywhere on top.

One cracked and couldn’t be saved.   It didn’t want to come out today.  But it did.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  Worked hard quietly today.  Put up with me too.
  • Herself:  I came home and began on one of those tasked I’ve been putting off for years.  I keep photo albums of all the family members….grandkids and adults as far back as could go.  Mine were never put in order by date and it always annoyed me.  There’s now about ten I don’t have dates for, but 317 are now dated, titled, and saved on two hard drives. 
  • Reading:  A book about a boat yard, a book about a park ranger, and I just brought home a book about building the Golden Gate bridge.
  • Watching:  Here on the computer.
  • Gratitudes:  That both G and I have dental insurance.



10 comments:

  1. Argh. A cleaning and not much else just set me back almost $300.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous teeth! I had the same problem as you. I wore braces for almost 8 years and it really took a toll on my teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hubby and I get our teeth cleaned twice a year. He is still having problems after 3K in recommended gum surgery which insurance did not cover! Thus far mine (teeth)are holding up. Maintenance, maintenance. These old rusty machines that we drag around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely photo of you. Definitely shows your impishness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh...tooth trouble....it's the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel you pain. I am missing enough molars that I have that model sunken cheek look. Only looks on young models, not old ladies. Chewing has to be creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. too bad the dentist didn't let you have the tooth to put under your pillow so the tooth fairy could visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heckuva a way to spend part of a day. Working on my photos too; you made lots of progress.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life