June 22, 2018

STEAMPUNK FOR POOLIE



In honor of Captain Poolie, the museum held a Steampunk Show.  She loved steampunk.  Here are a few shots from last night.  We had a grand time sitting with Poolies best friend Pam.  George took the overview photograph.


A steampunk rat rod.



Jules Verne anyone?


A steampunk drag racer.


George in his last Steam punk costume.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  He’s begun a long stretch of overtime.  Today he started at 6.
  • Me, myself, and I:  Doctor yesterday with results in the email.
  • Reading:  More Hillerman.  I’m still enjoying every word.  Today work and Meeting.  Tomorrow Claudia’s service, and in the afternoon Robin and Glen’s wedding.
  • Captain Poolie:  Must have been delighted over the steampunk show.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I hurt less today, that I am ready to work, and enjoying the cool of June gloom.


  • 9 comments:

    1. I like the look of steampunk. Don't know if I'd want to live with it, but I like the look.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I didn’t know about steam punk. I learn from you all the time Mage. I would love that show.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I had heard about Steampunk, never really followed through with understanding it, but glad that you a bringing me into Poolie's circle with these photos. Am I wrong to think it is a little like Art Deco (my favorite genre) only with no luddites?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's Sci Fi, Jules Verne, and wild imagination all mixed up.
        Yes, Poolie loved this stuff.

        Delete
    4. That’s fascinating — all new to me. But then I’m learning about Comi-Con from you which I never paid that much attention to before. Guess I haven’t read enough sci-if to be up with all this. Also, had no idea so many types of old steam engines still around, saved anywhere, besides steam engine trains.

      ReplyDelete
    5. She would have been in her cups seeing all of this Steampunk. So sorry she's gone... do miss her wit and humor. Glad you're in less pain and still enjoying Hillerman. Huggers...T

      ReplyDelete
    6. Steampunk???--New word for me. Didn't know such existed but it obviously does in abundance and has a lot of fans. Bet Poolie was there inspirit.
      So glad you pain is lessening. I know what a blessing that is.

      ReplyDelete

    postcards

    Celebration of Life