June 24, 2018

TAKING THE FUTURE IN HAND


2015 Auto Museum Steam Punk Show.  With apologies for the focus.                 

Despite my walking in the water, I don’t walk well on land.  It’s complicated by my enthusiasms for foods and chocolate. ..especially chocolate, and my collapsing spine.  I am grateful to Target which offers scooters for those of us who can’t go far.   Two more big box stores, Costco and Home Depot, put electric powered scooters next to the IN doors.  The many mom and pop stores can’t afford scooters. 

Most tiny folding scooters go from $699.00 to $999.00.  We stopped in to Eric’s for compression stockings which we found, and G found a little used, portable scooter available for $450.  It had several problems, but none that would deter a man with a power screwdriver.  We got it.

It’s small.  It will need recharging more often than the fancy ones.  It’s easy to take apart and put in the trunk of the car….or the back of Grumpy.  I will be able to go more places….like a mall.  Yes, sometimes I want to go to JC Penney’s.  Yes too, I won’t use it often, but it offers a lot of freedoms that I used to take for granted.  Later, I will probably use it often.

2015 Comic Con.  Look at the evolution of her Steam Punk scooter.        
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Wants to go to Home Dumpo for bolts and washers for the scooter.  Yesterday met granddaughter and her friend and took them out to dinner in Old Town then drove them home to Escondido.
  • Me, myself, and I:  Enjoyed last night.  G bought me a new pin.  Today: Reading, writing, dressing later for a meeting.  Wearing pin.
  • Reading:  Continuing Hillerman.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I was able to make a couple of awful puns yesterday.  Really glad I can go with G today.



5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new ride. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scooter sounds perfect for your needs! Great purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's terrific. Let's hope he can really get it going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was a great buy and will offer you so much freedom. Wise purchase.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life