July 12, 2018

SHARING STEAMPUNK



2013 at the Comic Con Steampunk Gather.

It’s almost Comic Con, and we are both excited about it.  Our costumes are out.  He’s wearing both of his.  Papers are scattered here and there…mine still need to be signed.  Since two big studios have withdrawn, we don’t know what the headliners will be.  We do know that our nephew is coming down with the newest film from his studio…Laika.  We hope to take him to dinner and find out all the news from up north.

I thought I might share some of my fun Steampunk photos with you…and I think steampunk is flat out fun.  I have photos from most of these come from last year or 2015.  Please enjoy:


Perhaps you might call these Adapted Steampunk.


Elegant military and Scottish for sure.
           

2017 waiting for the gather.
           

2015 She had a lot of fun making this costume.
           

2015: Victorian styling wins here.


2015: The epitome of analogue technology.


2015: A breather of some sort near two other backpack communication devices.


2015: Marvelous ingenuity and detail.


2015:  You know who in steampunk.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  He only went to work at six.  Yesterday’s long hours really made a dent in his queue. 
  • Me:  Lots of books and lots of donations at work.  Got hair all cut off yesterday.  Managed to read everybody’s blog yesterday…cooked skewered and marinated chicken, TV.
  • Reading:  Finished the last of the Hillerman.  Brought home a whole pile of new to me books from the store.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I am been doing really pretty well.  Folks remind me how busy I am, but I tell them that I manage



8 comments:

  1. There is something really cool about Steampunk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A treat for the eyes and the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be the most fascinating event, and you two look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a heaven sent event for any photographer.

      Delete
  4. Wow, what amazing costumes. Lots of time and imagination involved. You two look great. I do hope it is cooler there than the rest of the states for those costumes look like they brutal in serious heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondering what you two will look like for this year's ComicCon. I see in the last photo that not everyone dresses up. I don't think I have enough Moxie to do a costume!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life