August 20, 2018

COME BACK IN A YEAR



Shelter Island Commercial Basin.

Sometimes I’m just like a happy puppy…wagging my tail with contentedness. 

I looked at the appointment book first thing.  I didn’t forget it, nor did I forget my ears or my teeth.  Some days all those additions will be second nature like my putting on my glasses are now.  There was an appointment with my vascular surgeon at 1015.

So I played online, so I dressed nicely in slightly tight good summer clothes, and I made it up near his office just in time.   At the ER next door, of which my doc is Chief of Staff, there was an armada of police and highway patrol struggling to contain a man.  He was on a gurney just coming out of an ambulance, and he was yelling very loudly.  They were struggling to put a blanket around him, and he was really objecting.

“That’s my peeps,” said doctor Sise.

He struggled a bit to find a pulse in my left foot, shared an equally powerful story, then told me to come back in a year.  Oh, hurrah. 

On the way home in the glorious sunshine, I dropped off the cleaning, picked up a weeks’ worth of food then came home to lunch and a nap.  Sometimes a nap is the most satisfying part of any really good day.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Mondays are really hard on him.
  • Myself:  Got the big crow blown up and pinned on the quilt.  I’ll finish pinning it tomorrow.  Cooking fresh tuna for dinner.
  • Reading:  ”Rook.”
  • Gratitude’s:  That I don’t have to go to anyone of my multitudes of doctors for another year.


7 comments:

postcards

Celebration of Life