November 6, 2018

PLEASE VOTE !!


           
This election really matters.  Please go vote your convictions.  Yes, your vote counts

The Washington Post ran an opinion piece about why voters were and weren’t voting.  Click on: here to read the article.


·       My vote won’t matter,” says a young woman who won’t vote tomorrow.
·       America is bigger than politics, says another voter.
·       “I’m not voting.  There is no solid option,” says another.
·       “It’s especially important this year to vote,” says an old miner.
·       “I didn’t vote in the last election, and now I am paying for it,” says a young mother.

I voted.  I always vote.  Often other people’s vote overrides mine.  Not this time.  For me, as many of us do, I want a return to civility and manners.  I want a government that works for and with the people.  My husband wants a return to humanity instead of greed and lies.  I’ll take that too.

Please vote no matter your persuasion, your opinions, or the color of your vote.
Your vote does count.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  Working really hard with difficult clients.
  • Myself:  Got the dentist to take a lot off that new partial.  Not right yet tho.  Counting days till I am back in the pool.
  • Reading:  Nothing at the moment.
  • Gratitude’s:  An awful lot today.



7 comments:

  1. I really do hope that your votes will count this time. We're counting too on a return to decency and civility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the money and gerrymandering in the way I can understand those who think their vote does not count. Still, I remain positive that more people are caring and honest than those who worship power and money and carry fear on their shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems our little burg is turning out in greater numbers this year. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't missed a vote in 58 years and didn't miss voting this time even though I live in a state now where my vote usually doesn't count. Still I figure I am at least cancelling one opposition vote which is Ok for now. I usually do well on the issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. IMO the more people who come out to vote the better the result will be because we know who does come out in strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have no right to complain if you don't vote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, I always vote. I feel it's my one chance to have my say in how this country is run. I checked the returns last night and see that some of my choices passed and others didn't. That's o.k. I voiced my opinion through my ballot and that's what counts. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life