December 12, 2018

HANDWRITTEN


I’m out there in the world doing things.  At the Post Office, I carefully picked boxes, carefully labeled each, and the lady behind the counter told me that I had the wrong label.  How was I to know.  I had carefully picked up the label that matched the box. 

Nope, that wasn’t it.

She gave me two new labels, and I carefully addressed them.  When I got back to the counter I asked if anyone got the labeling thing right.

Nope, none.” She replied.    

I had to laugh, but stopped when she told me that she couldn’t read what I had written.  George has been saying this for a long time.  It’s one of the (many) reasons my blog is no longer hand written.  She had the machine print out the address to make sure the presents arrived.

I’m damned if I take time to get depressed about getting old today.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Work, dinner, tomorrow Costco as we are out of TP.
  • Myself:  I shelved 32 boxes of computer books yesterday.  Tuesday I shelved slightly less in the “War” category.  Both donated collections.  Today pool, presents, mail one more, write in blog, do laundry, pot roast, and wrap presents.
  • Reading:  I’m really going to miss the characters in “Stilletto.”  Now reading a book on architectural structures.
  • Gratitude’s:  For absolutely everything.



9 comments:

  1. Just keep on keeping on Mage. I am frying my circuits trying to buy a new cell phone. But I did manage to make a delicious homemade pizza yesterday for the grandkids. We're not out of the game yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound really good. The pizza will keep you young. LOL

      Delete
    2. P.S. Thanks for all the book titles I've gotten from you over time. Enjoyed everyone of them I've read.

      Delete
  2. It is a great life if you do not weaken. I have to really write slowly if I want someone to read it. Today was rough for a number of reasons, but tomorrow I go shopping for a few more gifts and then find some perfect movie to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't spare a thought for getting old. It's been years since I could write, and my printing grows worse, daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmm..... Seems a little "Sketchy"

    ReplyDelete
  5. My handwriting, never a strong point, gets more problematic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've noticed my own handwriting is deteriorating. I see it at times and can't begin to read what I've written, and Robert for sure can't make heads or tails of anything. I've told him my hands don't work the way they used to. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can’t dwell on the aging business either. It is too depressing !

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life