December 16, 2018

HE'S IN THE GARAGE AND I AM....


I am still doing Christmas stuff.  George is down in the garage still working on boxes for Bobbies show of scrolls.   

There are still bits of Christmas stuff here and there despite my efforts.  And all week, on the stove, there have been bits of wood steaming for those boxes.   Not at all successfully, so life is not at all boring.  He’s down in the garage now figuring out a new way to make a wooden curve without steaming the wood.

Today I am deep into a few Holiday cards.  You all deserve one, but I can only write just a few. 

I found a way to make the tree show up.  I never realized that corner was so dark.  You can see it from outside as you drive by but not from in the living room.  Now I have a tiny spot light on it.  Deluxe décor.

Hope your holiday budgets are intact, your trees are lovely, and your sense of humor glows.

7 comments:

  1. I have my three major gift recipients taken care of. That's one of the bonuses of having older grandchildren--they don't mind that you don't buy them 'things' if you give them plenty of money instead. I too am still trying to put extra Christmas decorations away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you’re well on the way to being decorated by Christmas. I do need to get busy with my ever-declining list of greeting cards. Haven’t decided if I’ll write a Christmas latter or individual notes in each card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I went through my list, I drew lines through the missing. Some pages no longer have any entries. It really makes me sad.

      Delete
  3. Not sure what all the bent wood is about, but hoping George is not going out on a sleigh! Your house is always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a child, we had those striped glass bells.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No tree at our house yet until the grands help with it on the 22nd. Then the holiday spirit will arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am doing one email card/letter for all. I haven't decided if I will post it to Blogger too.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life