December 28, 2018

NOT YET




           
A putting away.

Not yet I say.  This holiday is 12 days long, and it’s only just started. 

We have cleaned up after Christmas Eve.  It’s the traditional present opening time at our house.  I put all the keeper boxes inside each other and the ribbons that go with the boxes inside too.  I bagged our old, overused tissue papers remembering the white tissue grandma used every year.  I served soup with a sandwich then carted everything upstairs.

The tree is still up. 

The years that I was in college, we had a very old, smelly, biodegrading fake tree.  At the thanksgiving break, I would spend the week decorating the tree.  Every inch was covered in something to hide its defects.  We used to leave our tree up for almost a month enjoying every bit of the glitter and joy.  Sometimes it stayed up almost to George’s Birthday January 26th. 

Tho many of our neighbors have taken down their trees and décor, the twelfth day of Christmas is the fifth.  Our blue tree may stay up till then or maybe a few days more.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Had to work half a day on the 24th.  Joined the :Maker’s Place” to have the tools to work on Bobbies boxes.  Has come down with a cold of some sort.
  • Myself:  I feel awful about his cold, and am hoping it’s an allergy.  I shelved the fiction from the 4 pallets of books from an estate today.  We did so well that the boss ordered another 4 pallets.
  • Reading:  ”Becoming,” by Michele Obama.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I feel so good today.



5 comments:

  1. at least this cold isn't a horrible one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a Happy New Year. I try to get my (elderly fake) tree down on New Year's Day. My sister sent me Michelle Obama's book for Christmas. Hope you are both well soon whether it be cold or allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We probably put our tree up earlier because we don't have that late TG like you. At the back end, we (Sue) usually de-decorates around NY, give or take.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can’t decide whether to take the tree down or not tonight. Hmm, maybe I too with leave it up into next week. I love putting up the trimmings of Christmas, but the deconstruction of it all not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it is just too nice and pretty to dismantle. Follow your heart. I dated a guy that kept his house decorated till April. That was a bit much but it made his kids happy.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life