January 18, 2019

BEFORE AND AFTER



Before.


After.
           
All of us OCD folks are pulling out hair out where I work.  So many donations have arrived that we ended up just putting them anywhere they would fit.  For two days I worked in the Children’s aisle, and the shelves are so jam-packed, and overfilled there’s no room for one more book.  One volunteer told me that there are still six more boxes of children’s books in the little storage shed we have. 

The big sale is the weekend:  If you live near University Heights, the sale is downstairs and in back of the University Heights Library.  I have so many art and architecture books that I too cannot squeeze one more in my allotted space.  Come help and take books home.  LOL

Kay took up the gauntlet on Paul’s photo with the black X.  We have been trading techniques on that X for several days now.  It’s done.  Finished.  I also couldn’t quite get one of Fred’s hands right, but as Duck used to say, “It will have to doo00ooo!”

And too, I wasted literal hours yesterday looking for that small drawing of me sitting in the basket chair.  Hours.  I looked at the facebook storage, all the photos I owned, and all on my blog for the last few years.  I had the photo Paul took, but I wanted to compare it to the drawing.  This morning, I opened up the small blog photos on this hard drive.  There it was filed under mage…much smaller, but there.  I am really happy about this.  
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
  • Himself:  Wants a nap.  Work and meeting tonight and tomorrow too…folding stuff for the convention.
  • Myself:  We are cleaning out the garage this weekend despite the chill or the rain.  Today, Figure out dinner from leftovers and play housewife.
  • Reading:  Finding a ship…about the problems of American merchantmen attempting to get jobs and work at sea.  I’ll scan photos as long as the sun is out.
  • Gratitude’s:  Especially Kay and finding the picture.



11 comments:

  1. Time can just flit and be gone. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a great job done. I dread beginning the purge with my photos but you’re inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the old black and white photos...they seem to hold more emotion than coloured photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was sure fun working with you, Mage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the big X. Amazing what can be done these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to compare the photos several times before I picked up all of the various changes. Very good, though I liked showing the damask design in the footstool rather than the more white/blank look. I've hassled with several duplicate photo searching programs -- mostly freeware, but they search and then when they've found all of the duplicates, they hit you up for $$ to allow you to delete them. So frustrated. And I'm seeing 3 and 4 of the same images in places -- OCD to the max. :/ I have a rebate check coming from CostCo and will see what they have for photo dup software next time we go to B'field. What program do you use??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use an older photoshop, but Adobe makes Lightshop and it is easier to use.
    I couldn't have done this without photoshop and some training in it. It was completely worth while to buy it. It's wonderful to use. You can get professional results.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life