January 9, 2019

REMEMBERING


     
           
I forgot almost everything this morning.  Not my teeth or ears, but everything else of importance.  I’ve finally found a way to remember things like teeth or ears…I put those directly in front of my computer.  I’ve pretty well got remembering those down pat.

“They don’t validate,” said my memory George.

“I have seven dollars,” was my reply.

Then I got downstairs and discovered that I didn’t have my seven dollars.

Up two flights I went, and down the handrail slid $20.00.

Back down I went only to discover that I had the middle section of a three part key holder.

Back up I went.  “I’m sorry,” and I was, “Can you slide the car keys down.”  That’s twice.  He did.  I'm embarrassed.  Enough.

I’m determined to stop this forgetting cycle.  I separate the keys so they don’t weigh down my old ignition switches.  Now days that’s an expensive part.  Instead, I shall leave for places unknown and when I get there, I will put the keys back together again.  I make a list every day, but now I will put the list right in front of my nose.

One has hopes.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Not so bad today, and the boss has returned to workl.
  • Myself:  Dozing.  See the Derm Doc in a year
  • Reading:  More mysteries about Brandsetter,
  • Gratitude’s:  That I found the Derm Doc’s new office easily.  That it’s a beautiful day out there.

12 comments:

  1. Lists are the only way to function, past a certain age. I believe the age was about 35 for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hon, I am so sorry. This must be frightening. Hope you have a team to help!! Doctors, therapists and others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm visiting a neurologist. There's no major changes in my behaviors, just a loss of short term memory. I'm a little beyond frightened. Perhaps stoic.

      Delete
  3. More and more I'm leaving reminders for myself...on the sink in the bathroom if I have to move quickly in the morning to be somewhere...on the computer keyboard if I need to do something in the middle of the day....evening medicine on the kitchen table to remember to take it after dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw crap. I just left a longish not (for me) that the internet ate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, goodness. Serendipity strikes again. Robert and I went to the dr's today so he could get his bloodwork done. I was at the counter, signing in for him when I hit the ZIP CODE part of the sign-in sheet. I wrote 921 and then drew an absolute blank. I mean, how could I ever forget our zip code??? I had to open my wallet and catch a quick look at my driver's license. Five digits and I'd only got the first one right. I'd like to lay it down to stress, but I don't know if that's the right answer. Hugs from one forgetful to another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A check off list like pilots use might be helpful. Keys--check. License--check. Money---check. I hate when I go to the computer to look up something and can't for the life of me remember what I wanted to know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thing Costco sells post-its in bulk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photo of the young woman is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life