January 22, 2019

THE MUSIC MAN

           
I need to do this image over.  Nothing seems to be in focus…was the original?  There’s too much contrast, but it’s too much of a charming yet powerful photo to let go.  Look at the adoration on the little boy’s face.  I scanned two photographs in this series, and I know there is one more picture out there somewhere.  I think I gave it to the youngest daughter.

Jack made a wonderful “Music Man” as he did as the lead in “Kiss Me Kate.”  He went from the Army via TV to Broadway.  There, as the lead in “Royal Hunt of the Sun,” he reached fame.  He became an American icon in “Kung Foo.”

You can read more about him on this Jack link.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Was grateful it was a slow holiday at work.  He has no voice.
  • Myself:  Groceries, nap, went through sewing stuff, dinner, et al, then during the night, I felt the cold creeping up on me.  This morning I woke with a full blown cold.
  • Photos: Paul Adams Hawkins.
  • Reading:  ”Rejection,” Thomas K Mathews.
  • Gratitude’s:  That it was a very good day except for the cold.  LOL.




9 comments:

  1. May the cold exit as quickly as it entered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck about the cold. Be gone vile ailment!!!
    Loved the Kung Foo series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering if perhaps you caught your cold from your other half??? I call it "Sleeping with the enemy." when you pick up whatever virus the other half has to share. It's impossible to NOT catch any viral infection that's airborne. Hoping it disappears as quickly as it came on. Healing hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I would never have guessed that the photo above was of David Carridine. He sang??? LOL Loved his strong, quiet way of talking and movement. Gentle soul...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you got hit by a cold. And sorry to say, you got hit by this spam also. That Mumbai thing is so irritating.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life