February 2, 2019

WORN OUT OLD SHOES



On my old drawing board stool.
           
Illness.  That’s all the sickie can talk about….how they feel, are they getting worse, are they getting better….that sort of thing.  It’s boring.  It’s like having an old pair of shoes that meant the world to you before you put them away in the closet.  When they came out, they were hard edged and hurt your feet and your hands.  No matter what you did you couldn’t get them on again.  For a while, that’s all you could talk about, and no one wanted to listen.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Rather than be kept up all night, he slept uncomfortably downstairs on the sofa.
  • Myself:  I got some sleep at last.  Much stronger glasses in the offing, but I can still drive if carefully.  Cataract surgery very soon.
  • Drawing:  Me.
  • Reading:  Brandsetter…I really recommend these.
  • Gratitude’s:  That I am upright



14 comments:

  1. I am about 1/3 though the first book in that series. It is a pleasant read. Characters, of course, are a bit retro, but the conversation flows and the mystery unravels nicely Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is supposed to be retro. He just got back from Korea, and his lover just died. The clothes and houses are nicely retro too. LOL

      Delete
  2. At this age, there’s always some new ache or pain to talk about. Meeting up with friends, the new ailments are always part of the conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cataract surgery did amazing things for my eyesight, I hope it does yours too mage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we weren't all getting old. Cataract surgery gave my eyes a new lease on seeing. May yours be equally successful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the cataract surgery.....you do some lovely drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You won't believe this, but just the other day I heard someone call in on a radio show about winter sicknesses. She said that years ago, she was in a store telling a friend about her recurring bronchitis. A stranger overheard and said that the cure was black tea and a pear, every day. She didn't see any harm in trying and she hadn't had it for five years! Worth a try??
    I'm glad to see the positive comments about cataract surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have green teas and can go buy a pear. :)

      Delete
    2. They said "black" ;<)) One thing about this remedy is it can't hurt one bit!

      Delete
  7. I had a pair od shoes that I liked, but I forgot about them in the basement for a few years. I rediscovered them and wore them to school (teaching), and during they day they both essentially exploded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...Yes, George had a pair of dress shoes just like that.

      Delete
  8. Those I know who had cataract surgery loved the results except now they could see all the wrinkles and grey hair they had missed before. Somehow I think it is worth it for a few wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My only complaint with having my cataracts removed is I can no longer see up close... even with my glasses. Went back to the optometrist and he shorted my field of vision focal point and it improved quite a bit, but still. I think I've forgotten how bad my eyesight was BEFORE the cataracts were removed. There's no easy answer to getting old... as for the surgery, it was a cake walk. In and out and only mild discomfort, which is amazing to me.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life