March 1, 2019

A BIRTHDAY DINNER AND OTHER ORTS

The Birthday Girl and her Dad.

Grandma and Granddaughter.

·       We planned on taking the two to our favorite Birthday Restaurant.  It was Margot’s birthday.  They were only a little delayed by a massive accident on the freeway as they headed our way.  When we arrived for our meal, the usually crowded rooms were empty.  Normally, even with a reservation, there would be a ten to 15 minute wait.  We discovered the problem after we were promptly seated.  No more free birthday meals, and the menu had changed.  No more prime rib for the birthday person.  Margot was severely disappointed, so we got her steak.  New chef, new management, and not really good food.
·       I apologize for the pictures.  The restaurant was dark as was I.
·       Today Housekeeping stuff like putting away pillow boxes back in the attic.  I only got rid of the contents of two piles of pillows and two boxes of clothing.  More Konmarie doing purses and other odds and ends in the right side of my closet.  Margot took 4 coats, a yellow Lands End shirt, and a box of socks.
·       Friday the good doc gave me a cortisone shot in the knee.  Yes, my knee is in fine shape:  The cartilage is great, no arthritis, only the problems with badly torn meniscus.  I was greatly cheered.  I have to get a release from my regular doc.  All day yesterday, the pain in my back that makes walking so difficult was gone.  My knee hurt tho.  LOL
·       Library:  I took on the task of alphabetizing the Young Adult books….now labeled “Y.”  First I shelved four plus boxes of art and architecture books.  The “Y’s” were all intermixed with the Juvenile books.  What a mess, and there I was only reaching the “H’s.”  I told them I would be in Saturday to finish.  No doctor’s appointments next week at all.  Very triumphant stuff.

6 comments:

  1. You two are just squeezable. Any two of you. Yea, the day after a cortisone jab to the knee hurts a little. After that, good to go, and I mean that literally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the restaurant.
    Happy for you about the cortisone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was still a very enjoyable birthday dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evidently the changes in the restaurant is keeping it empty. Sorry the frees were gone but it sounds like you had a good time anyway if the smiles tell the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so glad your knee is doing better. I’m doing the whole downsizing and cleaning up too, but it’s hard! I’m still working on finishing the scanning of all our old photos and discovered I’d been scanning over 20,000 photos in low resolution. My son was a little disappointed about that but if I’d scanned them at a much higher resolution I can imagine how gigantic a file it would be. I keep falling into doing these giant projects. sigh... Good luck with your book partings. That’s really, really hard.

    I’m so glad you could have this precious time with Margot. What a shame about the restaurant. I wonder if they’ll be in operation much longer if it was empty. You all look so happy. This will be a wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life