March 13, 2019

A COMING TOGETHER

           
It says in my journal that Richard was in town with his best friend Ken.  Perhaps it was the last time they were down together before Ken died.

I didn’t die.  Preop for my knee today.  Perhaps we can use this for my eyes too.  My BP was very high the first time the new assistant measured it.  Lungs clear, heart good, but I couldn’t quite push the air out as strongly as they wanted.  I’d drunk a gallon of water, but they didn’t want any urine.  Made me laugh.  New blood letter too, and that wasn’t a great experience. 

I came home to a grumpy G.  Computer woes combined with cranky customers left him yelling at me.  Now we are off in the sun to cheap tacos up the hill and grocery store later.  His three boxes are coming together nicely.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Day Auditing.  Night, Boxes.
  • Zoe:  She has Acute Torticollis: A muscle spasm twisting a neck into a painful position.  Her broken fingers came to a seven, and this was a 9.  Poor Zoe.
  • Photo:  One of those drawings of a drawing.  1979.
  • Reading:  A YA from the 13th C.
  • Gratitude’s:  That all those tests are done. 

13 comments:

  1. It will be good to have that surgery over with. The anticipation can be hard. Praying for the best results, Mage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is said that tacos can soothe the savage beast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you well with upcoming surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Health woes are the worst. Wishing you all the best for a good outcome and fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the surgery goes smooth as glass and recovery is easy, quick and painless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The knee surgery will be so good, it really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I joined the library's book club for three gatherings. All old ladies like me, and in three months they did three YA's. Well, I didn't read the last one, as I didn't plan on being there.
    All that pretesting is such a pain. But, I'mm proud of you for getting a new knee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Partial new knee. They are just going in to clean it up. Everyone tells me that it should do the job.

      Delete
  8. You reminded me I have to go for a blood test, but busy the next 4 days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope everything goes well too. LOVE the drawings! I'm loving art and learning so much right now! Enjoy your afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to comment on how interesting your pen and ink sketch was. How many of these have you saved?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of them. Not the ones I did for the newspaper, but all from my journals.

      Delete

postcards

Celebration of Life