March 4, 2019

GREAT PILES

Just started on this bookcase.
           
Great piles of books line the living room, line the stairs, and creep into the garage.  Hundreds and hundreds.  I’ve kept way too many, and I have just started.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Yesterday worked all day on Bobbies boxes.  Today he’s back at work auditing wrecks.  Tonight we are both off to a last convention meeting.
  • Myself:  Pool at last.  It was glorious.  Got to see Cam…what fun to exchange a few words.  Now breakfast, blog, two pages of phone book transcriptions, and more books.  Easy dinner and salad.  Convention meeting and bed.
  • Photo:  Mine.
  • Reading:  I originally put this book in the reject pile.  I can’t say I am enjoying it but I am learning from its writing.  “A BOX OF DARKNESS,” Brady.
  • Gratitude’s:  That G and I are better at last.  Hurrah, hurrah./



9 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better but oh...how hard to dispose of books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, what are phone book transcriptions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My phone books starts neat and sleek. Then, over the years, addresses get added, and even more things are just attached. I transcribe all the additions onto a fresh page. Minus those who died. Lots of those.

      Delete
  3. My bookshelves looked like that pre-purging. It took me three passes through over a couple of years, but they eventually they looked sleek. However, things are cluttering up again, so I guess its time for another pass through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it hard to part with books too, especially if I've had them for a long time. These days I try and dispose of new ones before I get too attached. And I've rejoined the library. Those ones have to be given back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tulips are so pretty. Glad you are both better. The sorting of books is progressing by the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is so beautiful, Mage. I had to get rid of a room full of books when we moved from Illinois to Hawaii. However, I still brought over several shipping boxes full of them. Sigh. A lot of them were children’s books. I’m now having to send them to Maryland to my grandsons in flat rate boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like an appealing corner with the flwoers making a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There really is something comforting about books. Be brave though and continue. So glad you two are finally well. That was some siege.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life