April 28, 2019

A LITTLE WORD


Alex and Cris.

Lost.   
Cris took grandson Alex, and her daughter Kensie, to the Philippines to show off their new son, Max, to her family.   There was a truly nasty, 6.1 earthquake outside of Manila.  Daughter Margot got the news that they are in a small village to the north.  There they stay.

Honors.
Margot also is a font of more news as I stay home and read Harry Potter 4…now starting 5.  She sent me a new picture of her sister.  Thank you both.  Her daughter is doing wonderfully well in school at last.  It’s taken years to realize that not handing in your homework doesn’t get you rave reviews.  She’s on the honor’s list now, and has a hand in creating the costumes and sets for her High School Performances of Cat’s.  Margot has gotten us tickets, and the show will be at the Escondido Performing Arts Center.  A real theater not a school theater.

Celebrations.
It’s also an upcoming month of many birthdays and wedding anniversaries….ours among them.  1983 to 2019…that looks like pretty good stuff to me. 
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Still working on one of the boxes for Bobbie.  Maybe shopping, and a meeting later.
  • Myself:  He says hold the drops 2 inches above your eyes.  I didn’t tell him that I couldn’t see the drop containers so I often miss.  LOL  Got my hair washed at a salon.  They eye doc said not to do it myself.  My sobriety day is on the 25th.
  • Photo:  Unknown friend of Cris and Alex.
  • Reading:  Harry Potter 5.
  • Gratitude’s:  G as usual, the hairdresser who gave me a very bad head massage.



9 comments:

  1. I do wish the wanderers a safe journey home from the Philippines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they both have jobs and the kids have school. I worry.

      Delete
  2. I hope your family stay safe while they are away. After shocks can be bad too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to put the drops in my father-in-laws eyes when we visited...so I have some experience in that. YOu should not do it yourself. I forgot my daughters birthday and am feeling so guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, think George should do the drops. They are had to do yourself. Sure hope the ones in the path of the earthquake are safe. Scary enough at home, really scary in a foreign country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May your family stay safe. Wow, 36 years together, if I counted correctly, much continuing happiness to you and George. What are your celebration plans?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope your family make it home safely and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many wonderful things to celebrate! Happy anniversary. 6.1 is scary! I hope they get back safely and quickly.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life