May 14, 2019

OLD PICTURES

                                                
We all have pictures like this.  That’s Don Fulford sitting in the middle.  I don't remember the other two guys.  That’s also my old white sofa and a self-portrait from a first painting class.  At least I grabbed the canvass by the bit and started painting on 4x4 canvasses.  I’ve tried looking up Don on Google, but there are an awful lot of Don Fulford’s in the US.  One of my kids sent me this picture, and it is like stepping back into the past.


                                                
I recognize me in the back there.  This is the team that won the 1982 OB Sandcastle Making Contest.  One of the ladies became a State Representative.  The little boy grew up not reading or writing.  Being homeschooled by a druggie gets one nowhere.  Maybe I kept this picture simply because I had those marvelous shorts on.

The truth is, I’m going to hang on to this picture because it glows with happiness. 
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  Working hard today.  Keeping an amused eye on the construction across the street.  Where they hit the gas line grew into a big hole.  Today there was one of those long boomed trucks and three or four cement trucks to fill the hole back in.
  • Myself:  He let me sleep in again,  It’s lunch time. 
  • Photo:  A Newspaper Photographer for the Beacon.
  • Reading:  Elizabeth Moon’s Vatta Series.  The heroine whines but get’s it all done.
  • Gratitude’s:  My two new books.  Sunshine.  Beautiful colors.



8 comments:

  1. The fellas in the top picture are dressed nicely. You gotta give them that.

    Homeschooling--I have no use for it. I have seen the results, and like your little boy in the photo, they are not good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I agree with dkzody about homeschooling. I think it is often narcissistic parents that are involved in it. Children need to be with their peers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what became of the homeschooled boy? The photos is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fellow in the yellow shirt resembles Woody Allen. Yes, that bottom picture could be titled JOY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos of yours are like books from the 60s and I keep thinking some movie goes with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That shirt on the left in the first photo looks very 70s. I'm sure I had a similar one.

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life