June 3, 2019

TIME FLIES WHEN YOU ARE HAVING FUN

An extraordinary dessert.

Friday I ordered the new lenses, and George found a pair of those blue frames I love on Amazon.  I don’t do really well as secretary of the Friday meeting, but I am doing it. 

Slept very late on Saturday.  Out to an imperfect breakfast then G was off to work.  I did a couple of loads of laundry, put together a dinner, and G cooked a really imperfect meal.  Even the slaw was a little off.  If I measured things what I am making might come out right.

Sunday the morning rituals overtake us.  We curl up together and watch CBS Sunday Morning after G watches Willy Geist.  Later, I procrastinated all day on EVERYTHING.  By mid-afternoon, we were dressed and ready to go out to an early supper with Two of George’s friends John, and Tony.  G, Tony, and I ate everything.  John ate little, and as he left whispered in my ear, “Pray for me.”  I worry.

Monday will be a laundry day, grocery day, and Antiques Roadshow day.       
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

  • Himself:  John asked what things we had yet to do before
    G’s retirement.  Just Comic Con and one Cruise, he replied.
  • Myself:  More laundry to do today.
  • Photo:  Mine.
  • Reading:  Nothing.  Just finished a suspense work, and it was really good till the middle.  After that it was bland.
  • Gratitude’s:  G.

15 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, laundry...we were gone last week. Now I'm making up for it with load after load.

    I too am getting new glasses. I found wonderful frames at the optician's office. Paid a king's ransom for them, but I usually get 10-12 years of use with the frames I select. I still have a pair from 2000 that could work with new lens, but no longer as stylish as I wish to be. We have to pay a pretty price for our vanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dessert looks delicious!

    Sending good thoughts John’s way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working on the new diets. Turkey burgers on the grill for him and beef for me (lots of pork and beef to use up). I feel guilty when I procrastinate, but that is really stupid. We should pat ourselves on the back for remaining in idle a day or two. So sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That baked apple (?) looks to die for. I will hope for the best for you John, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your glasses! That sounds like fun and that dessert looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time flies even when you're NOT having fun I find...and yes, my prayers added for John.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's awesome for me to have a website, which is helpful in support of my know-how.
    thanks admin

    ReplyDelete
  9. The glasses sound like a hit and that dessert looks marvelous.
    I will pray for John and hope what ever is concerning him resolves itself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do hope whatever is going on with your friend John is just a small bump in the road for him. I would love to be able to make baked apples like the one in your photo. I can almost taste it, it looks so yummy! I was able to leave a note on another Blogger blog. The only difference I noted was her URL was a "no-reply+feedproxy@Google.com" I will copy this comment and see if it will post -- otherwise, you'll find it in your inbox! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. That your tally of activities included procrastinating struck a chord with me. My full day of chores planned to accomplish at home derailed early with a gastro issue. So I worked on a blog post and vegged. Will pray for John. There is no distance in prayer. and what was that lovely dessert?

    ReplyDelete

postcards

Celebration of Life